Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done

Post New Thread Reply   

cellercelleriac
Old 10-19-2020 , 19:21   [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #1

Hi everyone,
I´ve always liked playing tf2 but my head hurts from it sometimes. So I came up with this new gameplay mod which would focus more on teamwork and scheming and a little less on skills executed in real time.

THE PLUGIN IS ALREADY WORKING! It´s a complete mess though. I´m not good at coding (I tried to learn sourcepawn just for this mod) so I need help with revising it. Any help just as checking the main weaknesses of my poor scripting and suggesting a correction would be greatly appreciated.

Note - the map file required for this mod is too big, I can´t upload it here. Part of the mod is coded there (respawn times etc.), that all works fine though.
Attached Files
File Type: zip required plugins.zip (76.2 KB, 67 views)
File Type: txt mod description.txt (2.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2rpg.sp - 157 views - 13.1 KB)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tf2rpg02.sp - 153 views - 16.8 KB)

Last edited by cellercelleriac; 10-20-2020 at 14:35.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-19-2020 , 22:52   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #2

A couple of things I'd suggest:
  • Instead of enabling cheats in order to force the round to win, just strip the flag from it instead.
  • Instead of using server commands to create the weapons for the player, I'd use TF2Items to just manually do that.
  • If you hook Spawn instead of SpawnPost for ammo packs and just return stop on it, that'll do the same thing as killing them after they've spawned already.
  • I'd move the server commands which you execute OnMapStart to OnConfigsExecuted instead and use ConVar functions instead to set them.

Code:
stock void TF2_ForceWin(TFTeam team = TFTeam_Unassigned)
{
	int iFlags = GetCommandFlags("mp_forcewin");
	SetCommandFlags("mp_forcewin", iFlags &= ~FCVAR_CHEAT);
	ServerCommand("mp_forcewin %i", view_as<int>(team));
	SetCommandFlags("mp_forcewin", iFlags);
}
https://github.com/Drixevel/sourcemo...c-tf.inc#L2659

Last edited by Drixevel; 10-19-2020 at 22:56.
cellercelleriac
Old 10-20-2020 , 14:31   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #3

Thanks a lot.
The cheat flag and the ammo pack thing works great, I´ve already corrected that in my code.
(I haven´t tried to mess with the ConVars yet.)

I can´t run the give item stock though (I have included the defines). I have searched the internet but I couldn´t find a guide on that. I tried to hook it somehow but nothing worked (error 100: function prototypes do not match). Could you please explain how to do that?

I´ve updated the script in the attachments.

By the way, did you write all those stocks? Props to that. I´ll be returning to that a lot (if I manage to get it working).
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-20-2020 , 14:54   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellercelleriac View Post
Thanks a lot.
The cheat flag and the ammo pack thing works great, I´ve already corrected that in my code.
(I haven´t tried to mess with the ConVars yet.)

I can´t run the give item stock though (I have included the defines). I have searched the internet but I couldn´t find a guide on that. I tried to hook it somehow but nothing worked (error 100: function prototypes do not match). Could you please explain how to do that?

I´ve updated the script in the attachments.

By the way, did you write all those stocks? Props to that. I´ll be returning to that a lot (if I manage to get it working).
Make sure the parameters all match the same data types. Yeah, I wrote/added/edited most of them.
cellercelleriac
Old 10-20-2020 , 17:58   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #5

Ok, I managed to get it working. I had completely misunderstood how these stocks work, this is easier to use than I thought .

However putting in more than one attribute doesn´t work for me. How do you do that?
Code:
  TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, 0);
  TF2_GiveItem(client, "tf_weapon_scattergun", 45, TF2Quality_Normal, 100, "'2 ; 5' '44 ; 0'"); //compiled, but script cowardly refused
                                                                                                 //to add invalid attribute index 0 (in game, after spawn)
                                                                                                 //(both attributes alone work though)
I think I should have better posted this in Scripting..
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-21-2020 , 01:53   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cellercelleriac View Post
Ok, I managed to get it working. I had completely misunderstood how these stocks work, this is easier to use than I thought .

However putting in more than one attribute doesn´t work for me. How do you do that?
Code:
  TF2_RemoveWeaponSlot(client, 0);
  TF2_GiveItem(client, "tf_weapon_scattergun", 45, TF2Quality_Normal, 100, "'2 ; 5' '44 ; 0'"); //compiled, but script cowardly refused
                                                                                                 //to add invalid attribute index 0 (in game, after spawn)
                                                                                                 //(both attributes alone work though)
I think I should have better posted this in Scripting..
Code:
TF2_GiveItem(client, "tf_weapon_scattergun", 45, TF2Quality_Normal, 100, "2 ; 5 ; 44 ; 0");
cellercelleriac
Old 10-21-2020 , 07:06   Re: [TF2]Realistic/Campaign mod for TF2 - almost done
Reply With Quote #7

Thx