Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [REQ] Delay my packets

Post New Thread Reply   

amione
Old 01-31-2024 , 18:12   [REQ] Delay my packets
Reply With Quote #1

So I have a server in l4d2 which I find myself playing sometimes but it's not unusual to find people leaving because they see me with 5 ping, is there any way I could delay my packets as to actually play with 50 ping?
I assume I would have to install something like wireshark or similar to delay my network packets, right?
Apologies as I haven't fiddled in local network programs in a long time and the only one I know is wireshark. Thank you.

I was thinking of using fake lag or something similar but I feel as though that'd be ingenuine to the players playing with me, as I would hit/shove at times where I wouldn't be able to react

Edit: I just now realized I've posted in the wrong forum, and also I have found https://jagt.github.io/clumsy/index.html which should work for me.
(Can this post be removed or something?)

Last edited by amione; 01-31-2024 at 18:38.
mlibre
Veteran Member
Old 01-31-2024 , 20:56   Re: [REQ] Delay my packets
Reply With Quote #2

It seriously bothers you to have low ping, I never had less than 90 unless it was LAN, try some fake ping plugin in your case don't you think
Old 02-01-2024 , 00:16   Re: [REQ] Delay my packets
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlibre View Post
It seriously bothers you to have low ping, I never had less than 90 unless it was LAN, try some fake ping plugin in your case don't you think
No, it'd really be unfair as I'd react like a bot with instant reactions every time there's a hunter/jockey, It's unfair to the players. Thank you though, I played with clumsy yesterday and no-one immediately left. Classic l4d2 versus people only left when they saw they were 200pts below

https://xb.petar.cc/zoqo8/NaXeDoMO38.png/raw

Last edited by amione; 02-01-2024 at 00:17.