Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Solved [L4D2]Is there a way to use SourceMod with VAC enabled?

Post New Thread Reply   

plug344
Old 03-06-2022 , 09:15   [L4D2]Is there a way to use SourceMod with VAC enabled?
Reply With Quote #1

I often see many 16 players coop servers have VAC (but not the maximum number of 16, it's there are already 16 people in the server), but how is this done..? If I don't use sourcemod, is the server limited to 8 people at most..? (And it's only vs/scavenge mode but not coop mode)

The reason I want to do this is that some players have used hack tools (in versus mode) that are very obvious and seriously affect other players' games on my server before. I'm worried about retaliation (like being DDOS or use some bug, exploit or other method that I don't know or can't fix about to crash, lag or destroy the server, etc.) so I don't dare to kick and ban this hacker (for the same reason I don't dare to use some similar anti-hack plugins, because I often see people in other forum discussion about wrong bans made by these plugins, and this game is very simple and costless to change the steam account with the family sharing method, so ban or kick the hacker is almost pointless and will only lead to more mad revenge. But I can't stay in the game 24 hours a day , and I can't completely ignore it either, but I can't add new admin because of concerns about abuse of permissions),

It cause everyone else to very angry and log out of the server because of this hacker, even talking about suspecting that the hacker is an admin or something like that before exiting, and I'm also very depressed, and I unable to justify... If I always can't find a solution, then next time I encounter the same situation, I will still be helpless... so I have to ask for help

Last edited by plug344; 03-06-2022 at 22:03.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 03-06-2022 , 09:38   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to use SourceMod with VAC enabled?
Reply With Quote #2

https://www.sourcemod.net/about.php
Quote:
SourceMod is server modification for any game that runs on the Half-Life 2 engine. It is a powerful, highly optimized platform for scripting plugins and handling server administration. The default package comes with a base set of plugins, but there are over 2,500 plugins in the community.
You install MetaMod Source and Sourcemod into Dedicated Server (SRCDS).
- Use SteamCMD to install Source Dedicated Server (L4D2)

Addons do not support listen server (server created through in-game).
plug344
Old 03-06-2022 , 16:54   Re: [L4D2]Is there a way to use SourceMod with VAC enabled?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi View Post
https://www.sourcemod.net/about.php

You install MetaMod Source and Sourcemod into Dedicated Server (SRCDS).
- Use SteamCMD to install Source Dedicated Server (L4D2)

Addons do not support listen server (server created through in-game).

Thank you very much for the reply, the problem has now been solved. Forgive my stupidity, it was just because I forgot to remove srcds.exe's startup parameter "-insecure"

Last edited by plug344; 03-06-2022 at 16:55.