Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] SM_Hosties (v2.2.0, 2015-08-15)

Post New Thread Reply   

Mata Patos
Old 08-20-2011 , 16:27   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v1.15)
Reply With Quote #1021

Mev that is true.

We can only wait.

Know how to wait is a virtue.
bobis
Old 08-25-2011 , 07:52   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v1.15)
Reply With Quote #1022

I don't like sm_hosties as it now because it punishes the freekillers based on kill count, which is not a good idea. ( Example, when you play jailbreak, suppose you are the only ct alive and 5 t's and you play a simon-says-jump game with them , and the last of them jumping dies. Then you kill the last terrorist who jumped.The mod counts this as "freekill", punishing the ct if reached the treshold, but it's not a "freekill", because you kill him in a legal way.

So I think, stopping quick freekills with an interval of 1 sec or less is a good idea.

Also , is there a way when a t picks up a LOADED GUN, (no empty or without bullets in clip so you have to reload) to become REBEL??
I am sick of people killing t's with guns and also counting this as "freekill". (Note: I said ONLY LOADED gun in order to prevent baits from ct's, I mean when a ct drops a weapon to a t).

So, is it possible to modify hosties in that way I described above???

P.S: Some last request games , for example , deagle toss or hot potato allows you to pick up drooped guns and kill the opponent of the last request battle, please FIX THIS ALSO NOT TO TAKE DROPPED GUNS DURING LR'S!!!!
Groger
Veteran Member
Old 08-25-2011 , 08:30   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v1.15)
Reply With Quote #1023

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobis View Post
I don't like sm_hosties as it now because it punishes the freekillers based on kill count, which is not a good idea. ( Example, when you play jailbreak, suppose you are the only ct alive and 5 t's and you play a simon-says-jump game with them , and the last of them jumping dies. Then you kill the last terrorist who jumped.The mod counts this as "freekill", punishing the ct if reached the treshold, but it's not a "freekill", because you kill him in a legal way.

So I think, stopping quick freekills with an interval of 1 sec or less is a good idea.

Also , is there a way when a t picks up a LOADED GUN, (no empty or without bullets in clip so you have to reload) to become REBEL??
I am sick of people killing t's with guns and also counting this as "freekill". (Note: I said ONLY LOADED gun in order to prevent baits from ct's, I mean when a ct drops a weapon to a t).

So, is it possible to modify hosties in that way I described above???

P.S: Some last request games , for example , deagle toss or hot potato allows you to pick up drooped guns and kill the opponent of the last request battle, please FIX THIS ALSO NOT TO TAKE DROPPED GUNS DURING LR'S!!!!
You can easily disable those functions
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-25-2011 , 11:35   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v1.15)
Reply With Quote #1024

Quote:

You can disable that behaviour. Perhaps we should consider to add one more option to reset the freekill count in SM_Hosties v2.

Quote:
Perhaps add a convar for this.

Quote:
Some of this can also be set via convars. We haven't gotten a distance counter to work in SM_Hosties v2 yet, so it's hard to declare who has won.
dataviruset
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-27-2011 , 11:56   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1025

Version 2.0.0 released (at last), check first post
databomb deserves many thanks for making this. I helped him a little at the end, but the credit really should go to him primarily. Well. Weeee, it's released!
SpazShot
Old 08-27-2011 , 15:53   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1026

Thanks databomb for version 2 along with you dataviruset!

I have a problem, people are not being muted upon dying. I have the settings set as following:

Code:
// Setting for muting terrorists automatically: 0 - disable, 1 - terrorists are muted the first few seconds of a round, 2 - terrorists are muted when they die, 3 - both
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
sm_hosties_mute "3"

// Setting for muting counter-terrorists automatically when they die (requires sm_hosties_mute 2 or 3): 0 - disable, 1 - enable
// -
// Default: "0"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_hosties_mute_ct "1"

// Admin flags which are immune from getting muted: 0 - nobody, 1 - all admins, flag values: abcdefghijklmnopqrst
// -
// Default: "z"
sm_hosties_mute_immune "1"
Code:
  [SM] Listing 42 plugins:
           01 "Admin File Reader" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           02 "Admin Help" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           03 "Admin List" (1.0) by Samantha
           04 "Admin Menu" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           05 "Admin loggin" (1.0) by vIr-Dan
           06 "Advanced admin commands" (0.16) by 3sigma
           07 "Advertisements" (0.5.5) by Tsunami
           08 "Anti-Flood" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           09 "Ban disconnected players" (1.04) by mad_hamster
           10 "Basic Chat" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           11 "Basic Commands" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           12 "Basic Info Triggers" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           13 "Basic Votes" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           14 "Client Preferences" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           15 "Connnection Protection" (1.5) by Kyle Sanderson
           16 "EZ Hop" (1.1) by Blodia
           17 "Fun Commands" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           18 "Fun Votes" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           19 "Last Request: Shotgun Wars (sample)" (1.0.0) by databomb
           20 "MapChooser" (1.4.0-dev) by AlliedModders LLC
           21 "Name Change Punisher" (1.1) by Powerlord
           22 "Nextmap" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           23 "Map Nominations" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
           24 "Player Commands" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           25 "Players Votes" (1.5.0) by The Resident, pZv!
           26 "Radio Spam Block" (1.0.0) by exvel
           27 "RankMe" (2.0.8) by lok1
           28 "RCON Lock" (0.6.7) by devicenull
           29 "Reserved Slots" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           30 "Rock The Vote" (1.3.7) by AlliedModders LLC
           31 "SourceMod Anti-Cheat" (0.0.5.8) by psychonic, GoD-Tony, CodingDirect LLC
           32 "Show Players" (1.1.0) by AnIHiL
           33 "sm_allinfo" (2.1.1) by {7~11} TROLL
           34 "Extended Comm" (2.2.4) by Twisted|Panda
           35 "SM_Hosties v2" (2.0.0) by databomb & dataviruset
           36 "Sound Commands" (1.3.8) by AlliedModders LLC
           37 "SourceBans" (1.4.8) by SourceBans Development Team
           38 "Spray Tracer" (5.8a) by Nican132, CptMoore, Lebson506th
           39 "StopRCO" (1.0.2) by aSmig
           40 "Team Ban" (0.3) by Azelphur
           41 "Very Basic High Ping Kicker" (1.4) by msleeper
           42 "Web Shortcuts" (1.0.1) by James "sslice" Gray

Last edited by SpazShot; 08-27-2011 at 16:05.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 16:06   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1027

Thanks to everyone who helped make Hosties 2 a reality, especially dataviruset We might make a BugZilla just to track all the feature requests that have been submitted on this thread so far.

SpazShot, first try reducing your sm_hosties_mute_immune cvar to only root admins to make sure they don't have immunity from another flag. Second, could you tell us if they see the translated phrase "Now Muted" when they die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazShot View Post
Thanks databomb for version 2 along with you dataviruset!

I have a problem, people are not being muted upon dying. I have the settings set as following:

Code:
// Setting for muting terrorists automatically: 0 - disable, 1 -  terrorists are muted the first few seconds of a round, 2 - terrorists  are muted when they die, 3 - both
// -
// Default: "1"
// Maximum: "3.000000"
sm_hosties_mute "3"

// Setting for muting counter-terrorists automatically when they die (requires sm_hosties_mute 2 or 3): 0 - disable, 1 - enable
// -
// Default: "0"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
sm_hosties_mute_ct "1"

// Admin flags which are immune from getting muted: 0 - nobody, 1 - all admins, flag values: abcdefghijklmnopqrst
// -
// Default: "z"
sm_hosties_mute_immune "1"
Old 08-27-2011 , 16:22   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1028

SpazShot,

Also, the new mute system relies on natives in 1.3.9+ SM -or- hacky listener code to tell if players are already muted. The Extended Comm plugin from TwistedPanda replaces basecomm and changes sm_mute and sm_unmute around quite a bit. Extended Comm and Hosties could be incompatible if TwistedPanda has significantly changed the commands; I haven't looked to see exactly what the issue is with that. In general, I don't recommend overriding *any* of the original SM plugins; I don't even run sourcebans for this reason.

Old 08-27-2011 , 17:09   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1029

Quote:
Originally Posted by databomb View Post
SpazShot, first try reducing your sm_hosties_mute_immune cvar to only root admins to make sure they don't have immunity from another flag. Second, could you tell us if they see the translated phrase "Now Muted" when they die?

SpazShot,

Also, the new mute system relies on natives in 1.3.9+ SM -or- hacky listener code to tell if players are already muted. The Extended Comm plugin from TwistedPanda replaces basecomm and changes sm_mute and sm_unmute around quite a bit. Extended Comm and Hosties could be incompatible if TwistedPanda has significantly changed the commands; I haven't looked to see exactly what the issue is with that. In general, I don't recommend overriding *any* of the original SM plugins; I don't even run sourcebans for this reason.

The sm_hosties_mute_immune cvar was on root admin first and it was still the same problem so I changed it to all admins even though all admins have the root flag already for my server.

No they don't see "Now muted" after dying.

Okay I've removed extendedcomm and re-enabled basecomm and so far same result, I may have to wait for map change even though I auto loaded basecomm and unloaded extendedcomm after removal, and what should I do about these natives in 1.3.9+ SM? I'm running 1.3.8.
databomb
Veteran Member
Old 08-27-2011 , 17:31   Re: [CSS] SM_Hosties (v2.0.0)
Reply With Quote #1030

1.3.8 is fine, there is separate code for 1.3.9+ and 1.3.8- so both are taken into account. We're looking to see if we can replicate the issue. If no one is seeing the "Now Muted" translation then the only code before that is the admin flag check.