Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[REQ] ragdoll death camera

Post New Thread Reply   

Fenrix
Old 08-02-2008 , 22:16   [REQ] ragdoll death camera
Reply With Quote #1

Ive been looking around a bit on the forums and I know this should be possible.

I would like a plugin to automatically set the death camera on a players death to a first person view from the ragdolls head.

this way would mean you could see your body flail around as you get hit and fall over.

the main reason I want this is that sometimes when you are killed and do things like, fall off balconies or down stairs or fly backwards from an explosion, it is much more entertaining to see it from the point of view of your corspe rather than watching it from above.

Ive suggested it before but I thought I would suggest it again.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 08-03-2008 , 09:46   Re: [REQ] ragdoll death camera
Reply With Quote #2

Not sure if it would work, but someone could try it. Ragdolls are simulated client-side, so the body can be in a different location for every player. Many things that can be done to entities can't be done to ragdolls.
Fenrix
Old 08-03-2008 , 13:20   Re: [REQ] ragdoll death camera
Reply With Quote #3

It works on gmod which uses Lua to code all its functions but it is really good and quite amusing to fall from great heights as a ragdoll. especially when you face plant the ground

I know Gmod is way different and much more advanced plugin wise and is much less hacky than sourcemod.
Still I figure it is possible.
just have to figure out how to make the camera do what you want when someone dies rather than automatically 3rd personing your corpse.

and if you think about it... when you die it follows your ragdoll with third person which means its following the client side ragdoll rather than a server side calculation for the corpses position.

Last edited by Fenrix; 08-03-2008 at 13:22.
L. Duke
Veteran Member
Old 08-04-2008 , 01:08   Re: [REQ] ragdoll death camera
Reply With Quote #4

If anyone's working on this, I would suggest you try SetClientViewEntity(client, entity)
where entity is the m_hRagdoll response of GetEntPropEnt...

It probably puts the view at the origin rather than the head, but it might be the closest you can get.