Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Connect Announce

Post New Thread Reply   

TrappaTroopa
Old 09-25-2016 , 18:43   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #831

I can not get sounds to play. I tried wavs and mp3s. I try !playsnd "cannouce\song.mp3 and it says it is playing but I don't hear anything. The sound is on my Webserver and on my client machine. Full Path is C:\csgo_surf\csgo\sound\cannounce\Song.mp3. What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by TrappaTroopa; 09-25-2016 at 18:43.
TrappaTroopa
Old 09-29-2016 , 08:07   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #832

How are 1200 servers using this but the thread is so dead????

Last edited by TrappaTroopa; 09-29-2016 at 08:07.
gizmic
Old 10-06-2016 , 09:58   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #833

is there any command to check the ip like sm_geolist
Voodoo Priest
Old 11-06-2016 , 10:42   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #834

Unlike a previous poster, I would like to know whether there is a configuration option that controls whether the "Player XXX has joined the game" message is displayed. Or is this message [EDIT4](read "plugin", ofc)[/EDIT4] not correlated at all with that message?

On my server, I get a "Player XXX has joined the game" message before getting my custom connect announce message "Player NAME connected from COUNTRY". I would like to have only the custom connect announce. Is it possible? And if yes, how?

EDIT: I have "sm_ca_showstandard" to "0" in the cannounce.cfg file but the standard connect message is still shown.

EDIT2:
I believe that the following is the reason:
Quote:
Changed suppress event from player_connect to player_connect_client, will not supress if game does not support this event
Is there a setting to restore the old behavior (I mean, to use the old event) when "the game does not support this event"? Or is it just "too bad!" if the game does not support the event? I'm running Left 4 Dead server and each player joining triggers two messages, i.e. the standard one and the one from this plugin. That change in version 1.7 effectively makes the sm_ca_showstandard cvar ineffective (in those games). Is it possible to download version 1.6 somewhere? If not, what tools would I need to recompile the plugin from the source code?

EDIT3: Never mind, I have recompiled the plugin for L4D.

Thank you.

Last edited by Voodoo Priest; 01-19-2017 at 07:00. Reason: Added EDIT4 section
MilkStick
Old 02-10-2017 , 15:46   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #835

I enabled this cvar

Code:
sm_ca_showenhancedadmins "1"
Hoping for the "messages_admin" message to display on admins only. (Are using z root tag)

But the message displays for everyone.
Old 02-12-2017 , 19:48   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #836

It uses the Generic admin flag and you need to have the message setup in cannounce_settings.txt under messages_admin section. If the message is no different to the regular message then they will be the same, if that makes sense.
Old 02-13-2017 , 07:56   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #837

Too many pages to read. Can someone tell me pls what i have to edit, so everyone sees his own (standard) connect message, instead of always only seeing the messages from other players?
away000
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2017 , 18:11   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #838

As far as i understood, it play the connect/disconect sound for all players, not only for the one connecting, is it possible to play the connect only to the one connecting? As a sort of JoinSound?
Old 02-13-2017 , 18:23   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #839

Im not 100% sure i understand the last 2 questions here but they feel out of scope for this given the intent is to Announce the Connection of players to other players.
Old 02-13-2017 , 18:29   Re: Connect Announce
Reply With Quote #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arg! View Post
Im not 100% sure i understand the last 2 questions here but they feel out of scope for this given the intent is to Announce the Connection of players to other players.
My intention is to use it's features alongside a JoinSound plugin, which in this case, i would use our intro as joinsound and a chicken sound (that should play for everyone) as disconnect sound.