Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover 1.0 Released!

Post New Thread Reply   

HarbingTarbl
Old 12-02-2009 , 07:02   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #11

I'll take a look at strippersource and see how it works. I have a new idea on how I might be able to remove scripted medkits but I have not had a chance to see if it would work yet.

I'll add in grenade launcher once I get home from classes.
CanadaRox
Old 12-02-2009 , 10:47   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #12

I was playing around with Stripper:Source yesterday, and I was able to remove all the extra kits/defibs/ammo upgrades/etc including the extra two kits that spawned in most saferooms from Hard Rain. The only problem is that I don't know how a script/plugin could be made to control what aspects of the .cfg are used through CVARs.

The uploaded file has the .cfg's for Map 1-3 and 5 of Hard Rain (I forgot to get the location of the kits in map 4 to re-add). And even with these, I have still found one defib in HR1, and a grenade launcher in HR2.
Attached Files
File Type: zip hard_rain.zip (2.2 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by CanadaRox; 12-02-2009 at 10:57.
Gixxer
Old 12-02-2009 , 19:21   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #13

I used your .cfgs, I still found some medpacks, probably spawned via a script somewhere.
Necrothug
Old 12-02-2009 , 20:02   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #14

To answer your question in your original post. I think having more options to customize the difficulty of a versus game is a great idea. Reducing Medkits is a great way to do this. Eliminating other items would be good too.
dusticus
Old 12-03-2009 , 10:24   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrothug View Post
To answer your question in your original post. I think having more options to customize the difficulty of a versus game is a great idea. Reducing Medkits is a great way to do this. Eliminating other items would be good too.
I agree. Specifically pipes, mollies, bile. Between the EXCESSIVE medkits spawning and the EXCESSIVE amount of pipes, I get pretty frustrated. I've seen a team not get touched after a 4x boom through a whole map because of the 8 pipes they found.

It would also stop the "surplus spending" of throwables. i.e. All 4 people have a molly/pipe. Then they find a pipe, so they use one free pipe in the next area to run through even quicker.

These throwables should have to be sought-out and budgeted imho.
HarbingTarbl
Old 12-03-2009 , 10:52   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #16

I will add in these types of functions once I get the chance, right now I am too busy just trying to get my mod to stop auto-kicking people from a server.
dusticus
Old 12-03-2009 , 14:10   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingTarbl View Post
I will add in these types of functions once I get the chance, right now I am too busy just trying to get my mod to stop auto-kicking people from a server.
That might help! I was about to install it b4 I read about this lol. The mod is going on as soon as you get it working! Thanks for all your hard work.
Naik
Old 12-03-2009 , 17:42   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #18

can you set the default values to 0 pls or it would be even better if there is a cvar to activate or disable the plugin, like annoy_enable
Sherb^Mo
Old 12-04-2009 , 17:17   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #19

Any luck Harbing? Huge effort fair dos, once this gets out, rather than using stripper or something, this would be ideal, almost complete the competitive versus experience.
philogl
Old 12-05-2009 , 04:16   Re: [L4D2]Crow's Annoying Item Remover
Reply With Quote #20

Suggestions:
Cvar for Med kits On/Off in the safe room
Cvar for grenade launcher/chain saw On/Off
Cvar for finale event med kits On/Off
Cvar for level coded med packs to be deleted completely (rather than pill converted)

Edit: Currently using a combination of your plugin + the old l4d1 frus plugin all meds have been converted to pills.
Another suggestion could be a cvar for the complete removal of medkits that are level coded (deleted completely rather than pill converted) with the option to keep the meds in the safe room of course. That way item balance can be kept through density cvars. Currently on some maps level coded pills/meds on top of director spawned pills (even with lowered density) can see survivors finding 8 pills in one small area. (See: Hard Rain 1, med cabinet + pills in burger tank)

Excellent work so far though I've been using it on my server and it's definitely made the game more enjoyable.

Last edited by philogl; 12-05-2009 at 20:40.