Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]

Post New Thread Reply   

stevensedory
Old 05-20-2020 , 20:30   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #451

So we got it to work for "selfkill", but for "knife", if we don't use the origianl humiliation.mp3 file, it will not play :/

Any idea why?
stevensedory
Old 05-21-2020 , 08:44   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #452

This is so silly, but I have wasted hours trying to get knife custom sound to work. The same sound works perfectly for selfkill, but it will not for knife. What gives?
stevensedory
Old 05-21-2020 , 18:45   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #453

Yup, no matter what I do, I can't change it. Is anyone else able to confirm the same is true for them?
belgvr
Old 06-29-2020 , 01:55   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #454

This is what happens to me: I put a sound that definitely works but it only works for join and selfkill and nothing else. ALso, the self kill prints as: {2} on the center of the screen... i've tried disabling other plugins that play sounds, same thing. Any help is appreciated. Game is HL2DM.

Last edited by belgvr; 06-29-2020 at 01:58. Reason: forgot to mention the game
Bestvirginia
Old 08-18-2020 , 04:07   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #455

Quick question (I'm new to all of this, so pls don't hate for stupid questions):

Is there a way to change the language of the displayed text? I cannot find an option in any cfg file.
Right now everything is working fine, I just want to have the text appear in English.

If anybody could help me with that, it'd be much appreciated!
henriquemod
Old 01-17-2021 , 15:43   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #456

I fixed the knife bug after debugging the code a little bit

In order to knife kill sound play you have to add the knife names correctly, valve have named their knifes in a way that only means fuck you in the underlines xD

Change these lines:
Quote:
else if(StrEqual(weapon,"knife_default_ct") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_default_t") || StrEqual(weapon,"knifegg") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_flip") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_gut") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_karambit") || StrEqual(weapon,"bayonet") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_m9_bayonet"))
{
knife = true
}
To:
Quote:
else if(StrEqual(weapon,"knife_karamb") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_cord") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_canis") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_outdoo") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_skelet") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_css") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_ursus") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_gypsy_") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_stilet") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_widowm") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_m9_bay") || StrEqual(weapon,"bayonet") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_surviv") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_butter") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_flip") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_push") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_tactic") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_falchi") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_gut") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife") || StrEqual(weapon,"knife_t"))
{
knife = true
}
Also if you want fix (at least a little) the overlaping headshot kill that block the headshot killstreak to play change in line 874 approximately:

Quote:
else if(headshot && headshotConfig[soundPreference[i]][0] > 0)
To:

Quote:
else if(headshot && headshotConfig[soundPreference[i]][0] > 0 && consecutiveHeadshots[attackerClient] < 2)
The normal killstreak still overlaps the hadshot killstreak but at least you have chance to hear the sounds

Last edited by henriquemod; 01-17-2021 at 15:45.
dnextreme88
Old 02-07-2021 , 14:22   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #457

This plugin crashes whenever I edit the standard.cfg file. I am using custom sounds in .wav format but I cannot even get into my own dedicated server and it will always stop responding.

If I use the original standard.cfg file that came with the download, it works but when I have to use my own files, it just crashes.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it could be the sampling rate of the .wav files I'm using so I manually use them one by one to see which files are causing trouble.

Last edited by dnextreme88; 02-07-2021 at 16:06. Reason: Cannot delete post
NatalyaAF
Old 02-13-2021 , 13:30   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #458

I want to post this as a proposed version 3.5.1 which has numerous bug fixes, mostly related to console errors being thrown every time a sound is played, but it also includes the CS:GO knife fix by henriquemod
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesoundsv3.sp - 409 views - 40.5 KB)

Natalya: killing someone while they make a plugin
Natalya: perfect analogy
Natalya: for the mayan apocalypse
GRUFTY
Old 02-21-2021 , 15:14   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #459

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnextreme88 View Post
This plugin crashes whenever I edit the standard.cfg file. I am using custom sounds in .wav format but I cannot even get into my own dedicated server and it will always stop responding.

If I use the original standard.cfg file that came with the download, it works but when I have to use my own files, it just crashes.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think it could be the sampling rate of the .wav files I'm using so I manually use them one by one to see which files are causing trouble.
My Problem hl2dm with headshot.Where is the Problem,i can not hear the Headshot sound?

SM] Quake Sounds v3: Loading sound set config 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/standard.cfg'.[SM] Quake Sounds v3: File specified in 'headshot 3' does not exist in 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/standard.cfg', ignoring.[SM] Quake Sounds v3: File specified in 'headshot 5' does not exist in 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/standard.cfg', ignoring.[SM] Quake Sounds v3: File specified in 'round play' does not exist in 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/standard.cfg', ignoring.[SM] Quake Sounds v3: File specified in 'join server' does not exist in 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/standard.cfg', ignoring.[SM] Quake Sounds v3: Loading sound set config 'addons/sourcemod/configs/quake/female.cfg'.
schaumal was die console sagt wegen headshot
DeUltima
Old 02-24-2021 , 01:27   Re: Quake Sounds v3 [6th-Jun-2016]
Reply With Quote #460

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatalyaAF View Post
I want to post this as a proposed version 3.5.1 which has numerous bug fixes, mostly related to console errors being thrown every time a sound is played, but it also includes the CS:GO knife fix by henriquemod
Just an FYI. I tried your version and it appeared to not reset the streak on deaths in Day of Defeat Source. His official 3.5.0 version seems to work just fine.