Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

HL-SDK
Old 05-17-2009 , 22:04   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #71

Damizean, I'm only posting this here because I am linking to it. I just increased the bounds you set since I plan on >8. I suggest posting what you posted here in the new plugins forum or have it linked on page 1 of this thread, it is very useful!
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D_MissingSurvivors.sp - 4457 views - 5.1 KB)
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2009 , 00:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntDX316 View Post
everytime i run l4d_maxplayers (whatever number) srcds.exe crashes
Windows or Linux? Did you reboot your server after installing it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDR Khat View Post
Not sure if it's the plugin im using or not. gonna try using one of the above released ones and disabling my two.

It works fine just crashes upon a map change. (Haven't tested if the changes fix anything)
I don't understand. Are you using 0.2.0 or one of the betas we were testing on your server? If it's the beta then you could tell me what your logs say when it crashes (look for [LEFT4DOWNTOWN] lines)?

Also check your console logs, might be helpful, who knows..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damizean View Post
I haven't tested it out, but this method should work as it's the one I use to manage L8D on my server. I've just modified the core parts to use survivor limit, instead of a fixed value of 8. It kinda takes some time to check if the survivors have been created already (if I spawned the bots asap, some extra ones would be created), but at least it enforces consistency until all the missing slots have been filled.
Looks a lot like http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=83699 which leads me to believe it would work.

All those timers look a bit hackish though, isn't there a way to make it more event-oriented?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
Put these four cvars in your server.cfg:
l4d_maxplayers 16
sv_visiblemaxplayers 16
You don't need to put sv_visiblemaxplayers (put it to -1 if anything), my extension automatically sets the maximum players reported.

Last edited by Downtown1; 05-18-2009 at 00:55.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-18-2009 , 06:28   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1 View Post
I don't understand. Are you using 0.2.0 or one of the betas we were testing on your server? If it's the beta then you could tell me what your logs say when it crashes (look for [LEFT4DOWNTOWN] lines)?
Left 4 Downtown Extension (0.2.0.0) by Igor "Downtown1" Smirnov
I'm using the version you released in this topic, so that I can CHOOSE what l4d_maxplayers is set to.

Last edited by DDR Khat; 05-18-2009 at 06:34.
Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-18-2009 , 07:14   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #74

Yeah, the code for the bot spawning is pretty much devicenull's. sb_add doesn't seem to create any bot past 4 either, so there's no other way for now.

Quote:
All those timers look a bit hackish though, isn't there a way to make it more event-oriented?
As far as I know, there's no event (on the events list, that is) triggered to safely determine the end of the bot spawning cycle, so seems we're stuck with timers as of now :/

Anyway, please look into the AddSurvivorBot function, may make things nicer (spawning a fake client means players can't take over inmediately, maybe spawning an actual bot will provide better results)
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
ivailosp
Old 05-18-2009 , 07:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #75

i can make sb_add to work, but only for no limit :} so thats why i don't give signature for it
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-18-2009 , 08:14   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #76

Downtown1, this is working perfect. But you can really see why valve never
increased the maxplayer limit or why they never released the game with 8 vs 8 versus.
I never thought this game would lagg so badly with 14 or 16 players but clearly it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downtown1
For next version I might add the CBaseServer::ClearReservationStatus native and see if that helps.
Any news of that? We must get this to work with the lobby system.

Last edited by Visual77; 05-18-2009 at 09:32.
DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-18-2009 , 16:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #77

Seems it was the plugins I was using causing the issue. Also let me introduce Left4Dead Super Versus. With it and Left4Downtown you can have a full-blown 8 vs 8 versus match! have fun folks.
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-20-2009 , 00:16   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #78

I have the extension installed properly and l4d_maxplayers set to 12, but it isn't working. even though HLSW/the server browser says 8/12 or 4/12, it wont let players join past the normal set limit. im running it on a windows server with SM1.2.1-dev
ivailosp
Old 05-20-2009 , 04:09   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inker View Post
I have the extension installed properly and l4d_maxplayers set to 12, but it isn't working. even though HLSW/the server browser says 8/12 or 4/12, it wont let players join past the normal set limit. im running it on a windows server with SM1.2.1-dev
and join via lobby
Inker
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-20-2009 , 11:33   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #80

ahh, I very well may have. I'll test it without the lobby later this evening