Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D] Looking for Linux DOS Protect

Post New Thread Reply   

Marcus101RR
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2011 , 13:31   [L4D] Looking for Linux DOS Protect
Reply With Quote #1

I am seriously in need of a DOS Protect, the community has become so mean that any player joins and threatens me with higher power (LAG/DOS attack - The CSS Lagger program) that he will crash the server if I kick him (Because he griefed and kills people).

I hate people who have their own way.
Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
AbyssStaresBack
Old 03-28-2011 , 19:13   Re: [L4D] Looking for Linux DOS Protect
Reply With Quote #2

Well, if the griefers are just lagging the server through manipulation of certain commands, you could try this (especially note the second item in his exploit prevention list): http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=841590. Also, you could try banning the DoS griefers by IP address instead of by SteamID, but I'm honestly not sure if that will prevent the Source-specific attacks.

If they are simply DoS-ing you with a huge number of packets, then that's a bit more complicated, as you'll need to see what tools your router (or the router of your hosting company) provides for preventing such an attack.

As a side note...how often does this happen (someone actually lagging/crashing your server, not just threatening)? I have a server on my LAN, and I don't think I've ever had people lag/crash it.