Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.4.6) - L4D2 is here and supported

Post New Thread Reply   

Damizean
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2009 , 11:51   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #41

I haven't tested it out, but this method should work as it's the one I use to manage L8D on my server. I've just modified the core parts to use survivor limit, instead of a fixed value of 8. It kinda takes some time to check if the survivors have been created already (if I spawned the bots asap, some extra ones would be created), but at least it enforces consistency until all the missing slots have been filled.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (L4D_MissingSurvivors.sp - 780 views - 4.9 KB)

Last edited by Damizean; 05-16-2009 at 11:55.
Send a message via AIM to Damizean Send a message via MSN to Damizean
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 13:49   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by waertf View Post
are the new version have the same function as L4DToolZ16.zip?
Should be pretty much the same (for Windows), though the way we code the changes is completely different .

There is a difference, in that I have the l4d_maxplayers CVAR and the other extension doesn't; it also allows players to change the maxplayers to whatever they want (and on the fly), not just to 8 or 16. Some people may not care, but I feel that you should buy (or get permission) the extra slots from your GSP when you're using this extension, and not everyone may want to pay for 16.
waertf
Old 05-16-2009 , 14:44   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #43

thx for ur reply
other words~
In win , i can change z_versus_boomer_limit and survivor_limit value.
In linux, i can't change those value (after i use sm_cvar to change it ,
the value always lock)
did someone can change in linux?
thx
Downtown1
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 16:15   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by waertf View Post
thx for ur reply
other words~
In win , i can change z_versus_boomer_limit and survivor_limit value.
In linux, i can't change those value (after i use sm_cvar to change it ,
the value always lock)
did someone can change in linux?
thx
You need to raise the ConVar bounds on it first.

Though I'm not really sure how we'll get more than 4 survivors right now.. I know Left8Dead does it somehow without using the hacked sb_add command, so maybe we can get 8 survivors and 8 player infected after all without much trouble?

Also has anyone confirmed Damizean's plugin posted here will add survivor bots past 4?

If not, I can take a look at patching Director::AddSurvivorBot next week.

Last edited by Downtown1; 05-16-2009 at 16:19.
Number Six
Old 05-16-2009 , 17:00   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #45

Very thank for your job downtown1 !

Need a plugin now for management versus 6/6,7/7,8/8 etc ...with no troubles

DDR Khat
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-16-2009 , 18:18   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #46

Have attempted running this. This is causing crashes on my server when I set Maxplayers beyond the natural limit of 8.
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 18:56   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damizean View Post
I haven't tested it out, but this method should work as it's the one I use to manage L8D on my server. I've just modified the core parts to use survivor limit, instead of a fixed value of 8. It kinda takes some time to check if the survivors have been created already (if I spawned the bots asap, some extra ones would be created), but at least it enforces consistency until all the missing slots have been filled.
Thanks. Exactly what I was looking for
Change CONSISTENCY_CHECK to 5.0 and the bots will be spawned directly when you connect.

Last edited by Visual77; 05-16-2009 at 19:01.
HL-SDK
Old 05-16-2009 , 19:03   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #48

Thiw works fine on Steam dedicated server on windows with latest stable sourcemod + the readyup plugin.

I would like to do it without the readyup plugin, am about to test now.

Developer: Ideally, I would like to run a 16-18 player server with the possible 2 extra slots being spectators.

I would like to do X survivors and X infected. I am currently testing by myself. I have noticed annoying things like the game assuming the round has finished when I change teams.

I have also noticed that when I do manage to get 4 survivor bots and me as a ghosted infected, if I z_spawn hunter, I become that hunter. I created more and then was killed.

The hunters(andaboomer) reappeared as ghosts after some respawn time. I then think I changed back to survivor (to open saferoom door by virtue of ent_remove because it said not everyone was ready >.>), and the game decided that the round was over.

What I would like out of this extension...
Ability for players to join in at any time on both teams (probably up to 8 each) without the use of sm_l4dbot or sb_add.
Ability to play as infected (and persistant teams throughout campaign) without the use of cheat commands (z_spawn).

I am looking into playing this at a LAN with >10 people so normal versus makes some gamers cry, and hopefully maybe this can bring some variety/make some people happy. Also, possibly survival mode. Hunterbrute and Naru are pretty quiet about what they have been doing...

http://www.l4dmods.com/index.php?opt...news&Itemid=82
madcap
Old 05-16-2009 , 19:08   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by HL-SDK View Post
I would like to do X survivors and X infected. I am currently testing by myself. I have noticed annoying things like the game assuming the round has finished when I change teams.

I have also noticed that when I do manage to get 4 survivor bots and me as a ghosted infected, if I z_spawn hunter, I become that hunter. I created more and then was killed.

The hunters(andaboomer) reappeared as ghosts after some respawn time. I then think I changed back to survivor (to open saferoom door by virtue of ent_remove because it said not everyone was ready >.>), and the game decided that the round was over.
Doesn't this always happen when you play VS by yourself? I've noticed all those same behaviors in 1 person VS. How does this have anything to do with this extension?
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 19:20   Re: [EXTENSION] Left 4 Downtown (0.2.0) - now with unlocked player slots
Reply With Quote #50

survivor_limit and z_max_player_zombies seems to revert back to 4 after server hibernates,
which means we will have to restart the map manually everytime it gets empty. Anyway of enforcing them to 8 all the time?