Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v9.1.0]

Post New Thread Reply   

sejin513
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-25-2010 , 02:28   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #401

how can i ignore bots? webrank rank top10 etc..
hextasy
Old 02-25-2010 , 03:04   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #402

Quote:
Originally Posted by jouva View Post
Was that in response to my post?
no, with a lot of the posts here.

on a side note: I was wondering if something could be done about map statistics counting the time played when nobody's on the server. Or maybe I'm just missing something - or a simple fix?
Old 02-25-2010 , 07:00   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #403

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejin513 View Post
we been asking for this for months... ever since rcbot2 released a workable bot... and thats been a while now... i REALLY wish i knew enough about soursepwn to do it myself... on top of that i ould like to see a float variable on the scoring for killing bots... in my mind they should only be worth half as much as humans, as they are stupid easy to pwn...

Last edited by cybersquare420; 02-25-2010 at 07:02.
DarthNinja
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 02-25-2010 , 20:16   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #404

Quote:
Originally Posted by sejin513 View Post

New mini-version later.
Guess what it fixes.
Old 02-25-2010 , 20:40   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #405

FTW!!!! your the man!!!
Old 02-25-2010 , 21:56   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #406

Update out, see first 2 posts for update and instructions.
  • V6.3
    • Added rank_ignorebots cvar to allow for blocking/allowing bots to get points
    • Changed plugin file name from n1g-tf2-stats.smx to TF2_Stats.smx
Old 02-25-2010 , 22:36   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #407

Looks nice. Only annoyance I see with it: .htaccess

Not everyone uses an Apache web-server. Would it not be easier to use the direct links, instead of rewrite rules?
eraserhead
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2010 , 09:03   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #408

I'm looking forward to the next release that will include the unique_pickaxe weapon.
Send a message via Skype™ to eraserhead
cybersquare420
Veteran Member
Old 02-26-2010 , 09:14   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #409

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHy View Post
Looks nice. Only annoyance I see with it: .htaccess

Not everyone uses an Apache web-server. Would it not be easier to use the direct links, instead of rewrite rules?
i agree... and there are some inherent security issues with the process that accesses that file (im not gonna post details in public) that give attackers an avenue through witch to take control of the web server (depending on apache and host software versions and configuration)... this is not to say that its an "open door", as with proper setup and configuration these exploits can be thwarted, but it takes a lot of work... the default configuration leaves all these doors unlocked (again web server and host software versions depending).
So, since all of that gets very technical, and most admins dont really want to deal with in depth webserver hardening (and the fore mentioned windows IIS issue), it would probably be best to go over to all hard coded links... even though that makes the plugin much more difficult to modify for the end user (that is really the best part of this system... u can reflect all architecture changes in a well made .htaccess and you never need to look at the rest of the code)...
sry for wall of text... i just thought the gen pub should know these little tidbits for their own information... ill shut up now...
Old 02-26-2010 , 16:22   Re: [TF2 Stats] With Web Ranking and Item Logger [v6.1/6.5.5]
Reply With Quote #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserhead View Post
I'm looking forward to the next release that will include the unique_pickaxe weapon.
and weapon "ball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersquare420 View Post
i agree... and there are some inherent security issues with the process that accesses that file (im not gonna post details in public)
Security by obscurity doesn't work.
Next major overhaul of the site, I'm going to replace .htaccess with direct links and I'll use GET for the steamids.

I'm going to be traveling for the next week or so and will have no way to test changes, so I wont be doing any updates until I get back.

Last edited by DarthNinja; 02-26-2010 at 16:24.