Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

SourceMod 1.7 released!

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-08-2015 , 18:53   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

It's already reported: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=257722
Old 02-08-2015 , 20:05   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post

Yeah I'm prob going to have to revert back to 1.6.x just because of Sourcebans unless the SB team can fix this asap. I had my SB's spammed by someone ping masking with the same ban over and over and over again earlier. I can't have that.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 02-08-2015 , 20:57   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

The plugin version in that post and the line number of the error pasted in that post do not match. It's hard to tell where your issue lies. Regardless, I would at least recommend using the SB 1.5.0 beta plugin if you're not already, rather than the one from the last release (1.4.11) a year ago. It works more with SM existing APIs, rather than against them.

A quick test of calling SM's BanClient native without SB seems to be fine.

Last edited by psychonic; 02-08-2015 at 20:59.
Bubka3
Sir Buzz Killington, Esq.
Old 02-08-2015 , 22:51   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoiDeD View Post
Code:
#pragma newdecls required
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Any includes that use the old syntax will need to be placed before the #pragma line.
There are natives that have not been converted?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-08-2015 , 23:38   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The plugin version in that post and the line number of the error pasted in that post do not match. It's hard to tell where your issue lies. Regardless, I would at least recommend using the SB 1.5.0 beta plugin if you're not already, rather than the one from the last release (1.4.11) a year ago. It works more with SM existing APIs, rather than against them.

A quick test of calling SM's BanClient native without SB seems to be fine.
But even 1.5 doesn't seem to change Administrator abilities on the fly. They removed sm_rehash on the plugin side but the website side still sends out the sm_rehash thru rcon when you make the change. I have the custom chat colors plugin being reloaded basically to apply the color options to the users as with commands when I make the change. The 1.5 version that I just threw up on a test server doesn't have these features so I'm kinda at a loss here on what I should do next.

If I back up to 1.6.x then I'm losing future support while I wait on the older SB version to be upgraded and I don't think that will fly if Valve releases an update that requires a change to SM.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 02-09-2015 , 07:47   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubka3 View Post
There are natives that have not been converted?
That is correct; not all SM includes are using the transitional syntax yet. It is optional, and there is little benefit to updating them just for the sake of updating them, rather than spending time elsewhere and making sure that the release got out in a timely fashion. We'll eventually convert them and be adding more methodmaps as well.
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2015 , 08:00   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
The plugin version in that post and the line number of the error pasted in that post do not match. It's hard to tell where your issue lies.
I've tried to edit SourceBans on my own and that's why line numbers don't match, but it doesn't really matter at this time. The real problem is attached error log. When you try to compile SB 1.4.11 plugin with SM 1.7, you'll get:

Code:
error 174: symbol 'Database' is a type and cannot be used as a value

Last edited by Wilczek; 02-09-2015 at 08:09.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 02-09-2015 , 08:10   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilczek View Post
I've tried to edit SourceBans on my own and that's why line numbers don't match, but it doesn't really matter at this time. The real problem is attached error log. When you try to compile SB plugin with SM 1.7, you'll get:

Code:
error 174: symbol 'Database' is a type and cannot be used as a value
Database is the name of the new methodmap for database handles. It cannot be used as a variable name (and wouldn't have been in the most common naming conventions used in plugins). You should be able to just rename the variable.

This is the same sort of thing that would happen if we were to add a new function to SM that just happened to be the name of a function already used in a plugin. We unfortunately cannot avoid all conflicts (unless we just cease adding anything to the API).

Last edited by psychonic; 02-09-2015 at 08:11.
lollypop
Old 02-09-2015 , 11:20   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Does anyone have any syntax highlighting for the transitional syntax yet?
Wilczek
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-09-2015 , 12:34   Re: SourceMod 1.7 released!

Quote:
Database is the name of the new methodmap for database handles. It cannot be used as a variable name (and wouldn't have been in the most common naming conventions used in plugins). You should be able to just rename the variable
Thank you for this hint. I was looking at reserved keywords and couldn't find "database" there, so I assumed it was fine.

If anybody is interested, I've made temporary, lame-fix to SB 1.4.11 plugin. You can grab it here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=257722