Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Bling (v1.8 dated 12Dec2022)

Post New Thread Reply   

PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2021 , 22:33   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #21

Updated plugin in original post to version 1.7 which fixed a bug where Heavy would punch while using Saxxy type weapons instead of swinging the weapon.

Note: The weapon randomness needs rework. This will happen soon by either That Annoying Guide or me, whoever fixes the problem first.

Example of problem that I noticed while fixing bug with Heavy's melee weapons:
I spawned 30 times without ever getting a Saxxy type weapon. There are 23 possible Heavy melee weapons according to the wiki. If it were truly random that would mean each listed weapon has a 4.35% chance of being given to the player. However, in this plugin the player has an 87% chance that they will get a Fist weapon (7 in 8 chance). The odds of getting a specific Saxxy weapon like The Ham Shank are less than 1%. The odds of getting any Saxxy weapon are only 10% even though Saxxy weapons represent 47% of all available Heavy melee weapons.

That was a long winded way of saying Saxxy melee weapons (like the frying pan) should be given a near equal chance to spawn if they are nearly 50% of the weapon pool.
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-06-2021 , 01:44   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Gamer View Post
Updated plugin in original post to version 1.7 which fixed a bug where Heavy would punch while using Saxxy type weapons instead of swinging the weapon.

Note: The weapon randomness needs rework. This will happen soon by either That Annoying Guide or me, whoever fixes the problem first.

Example of problem that I noticed while fixing bug with Heavy's melee weapons:
I spawned 30 times without ever getting a Saxxy type weapon. There are 23 possible Heavy melee weapons according to the wiki. If it were truly random that would mean each listed weapon has a 4.35% chance of being given to the player. However, in this plugin the player has an 87% chance that they will get a Fist weapon (7 in 8 chance). The odds of getting a specific Saxxy weapon like The Ham Shank are less than 1%. The odds of getting any Saxxy weapon are only 10% even though Saxxy weapons represent 47% of all available Heavy melee weapons.

That was a long winded way of saying Saxxy melee weapons (like the frying pan) should be given a near equal chance to spawn if they are nearly 50% of the weapon pool.
I see what you mean by this, but I did it the way I did it as all those saxxy type weapons have the same stats as stock same with the other weapons. Each pool is each different weapon type with stats This does make those saxxy weapons a lot rarer than the others, but since they have the same stats as stock I mixed them in as the same chance. If you want them all to be equal you could just split them up like you had your original version. My problem with that was it makes some weapons almost never show well others that have the same stats will show up all the time. I made the tweak as a personal preference so each of heavys stats based weapons 8 of them being stock running boxing warrior steel eviction holiday and mvm version of running. Each have ddifferent stats so they role the same chance of showing up well things like saxxy weapons have the same stats as stock so they are rolled afterwards.
That Annoying Guide
Old 01-06-2021 , 14:31   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #23

I believe this might be what you're looking for. I have only done the scout as I want to make sure this is what you're looking for. With this, all weapons have an equal chance of showing up. My problem with this is that stock weapons will be showing up more than half of the time. I consider saxxy weapons to be reskins myself.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (bling.sp - 48 views - 183.4 KB)

Last edited by That Annoying Guide; 01-06-2021 at 14:32.
nostalgia
Old 01-13-2021 , 11:48   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Annoying Guide View Post
I believe this might be what you're looking for. I have only done the scout as I want to make sure this is what you're looking for. With this, all weapons have an equal chance of showing up. My problem with this is that stock weapons will be showing up more than half of the time. I consider saxxy weapons to be reskins myself.
you didnt put the .smx file differently so, have to comp it

her is free 2tf stufff!!!!!1111111
there no vius, clic here for free link code to gt free bornig tem captoin!!11111111

freetf2crapnovirusipromise.tf

=
nostalgia
Old 01-14-2021 , 16:47   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #25

bug:

Killing weapons with bling on will make the ragdoll go in the reference pose (a-pose) and lose all their cosmetics.

her is free 2tf stufff!!!!!1111111
there no vius, clic here for free link code to gt free bornig tem captoin!!11111111

freetf2crapnovirusipromise.tf

=
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 01-14-2021 , 23:02   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #26

Interesting. I would try to observe the bug but I have no idea how one goes about killing a weapon while in the game.
That Annoying Guide
Old 03-22-2021 , 08:29   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.7 dated 05Jan2021)
Reply With Quote #27

Hello again I did the same tweaks for givebotmoreweapons to bling to and made sure to keep the items that bots can't normally use here
Edit: Reveterted sapper tweaks as they were causing issues.
Edit 2: forgot to reenable sandwich items for heavy so I went and did that now.
Edit 3: Found an error that prevented getting the stock sniper rifle so I fixed that now.
Edit 4: parachutes don't actually work so I removed them
Edit 5: both of my spell edits to the plugins have been applied to bling too now also sadly the plugin's source is apparently too big to be put on the forums So I uploaded it in a zip for ya
Edit 6: added new cosmetics and unusual from yesterday's update.
Edit 7: Changed the way warpaints are given so more can show up.
Edit 8: merged fish and stock bat as I decided they were too similar not to be merged.
Edit 9: New stuff from Halloween added
Edit 10: Christmas stuff added
Attached Files
File Type: smx bling.smx (181.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: zip bling.zip (26.7 KB, 49 views)

Last edited by That Annoying Guide; 12-05-2021 at 17:04.
PC Gamer
Veteran Member
Old 12-12-2022 , 23:45   Re: [TF2] Bling (v1.8 dated 12Dec2022)
Reply With Quote #28

Plugin in original post updated to version 1.8. Plugin is SM1.11 compliant. This version fixes a bug where some Demoman weapons were not appearing. New outfits were added for all classes. A new console variable was added for server operators.

By default players will remain in their current class when the command !bling is used. However, if the server Administrator types in "sm_bling_prevent_random_class 0" at the server console then players will have a random player class every time they spawn.

Convars:
sm_bling_enabled 1 - (default) Enables plugin
sm_bling_enabled 0 - Disables plugin
sm_bling_prevent_random_class 1 - (default) Prevents giving random class on spawn
sm_bling_prevent_random_class 0 - Allows giving random class on spawn