Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2

Post New Thread Reply   

harryhecanada
Old 07-28-2013 , 14:16   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #11

Interesting observations, Would you mind if I added variables that tweak the amount of special infected spawned instead of adding the redux system?

The boomer delaying tank spawn thing is not something easily fixed because that is how the director controls spawning. The command to spawn a tank is given but the director can choose not to do it.

If only there was a better guide on l4d2 cvars so I can find one that controls this behavior...

The bug in l4d1 campaigns I was referring to was that the zombie mobs stop spawning and only small amounts of back ground zombies spawn, leading to a really long drawn out finale. If you do not have this issue please post your config file, thanks.

Oh and the SI disappearing thing is also due to the director actively removing SI if they dont do any damage after a certain period.

Last edited by harryhecanada; 07-28-2013 at 14:23.
harryhecanada
Old 07-28-2013 , 15:15   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #12

I found a possible solution to these issues from an older plugin:

sm_cvar director_force_tank 1

put this in your sourcemod.cfg and see if it fixes anything.
Old 07-28-2013 , 22:06   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #13

Yeah, man. Do your thing! I just looked over the .sps and found these lines: new monster[4]; ASDCtype3; monster[3]=GetConVarInt(ASDCtype3); new i=4; new n=4; and made them follow two to four more linear counts to make both reduxes.
Here is my .cfg that had dead air working with tank summons and 6 specials despite massive boomers:

I'll try using that cvar to see if that fixes it on the no mercy and dead center campaigns.

Last edited by Serpentdipity; 07-28-2013 at 22:17. Reason: changed campaign names
harryhecanada
Old 08-06-2013 , 23:12   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #14

After an hour long test session I have mostly figured out why it doesnt work for l4d1 maps, whenever a "mob" (spawned using z_spawn mob) spawns it keeps spawning 10-15 zombies at a time until it reaches the spawn limits created by z_mob_spawn_min_size/max_size. So each time the plugin calls to spawn a mob it delays the finale until the z_spawn mob is over.

I am not sure which cvar changes this behavior in l4d1, since it is specific to l4d1 campaigns. In l4d2 the director spawns zombies until it reaches z_common_limit and completely ignores z_mob_spawn_min_size/max_size.

I will turn off mob spawning in l4d1 campaigns for now, since its mostly broken. Perhaps a better method can be found later.

Last edited by harryhecanada; 08-06-2013 at 23:12.
mehelp
Old 09-01-2013 , 05:36   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #15

Finale never ends, tank won't spawn since zombies never end. So as a way around I suggest using per map configs (for those, who are interested), disabling asdcbase and asdcmult on all finale maps, well that worked for me.
https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=607079.
But if you have some mapchanger, you'll also need to turn ASDC back on on every first map of every campaign, since ASDC won't turn itself on.
It's just looks like disabling ASDC also prevents auto IS spawner plugin's work sometimes, that's weird

Last edited by mehelp; 09-01-2013 at 05:40. Reason: grammar
alBert2000
Old 09-22-2013 , 04:09   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #16

I also had this problem with long lasting final maps.
The problem was a too large "z_mega_mob_size" cvar because of a common infected regulator setting based on the amount of players.
I reduced this cvar on final maps using the map configs plugin.
Now everything is fine.
I'll try your infected spawn plugin soon I think.
Currently I use a modifed "special spawn regulator" plugin and a modified "common regulator plugin" and a tank enabler for each map.
The plugins also adjust the health of the CI/SI depending on the number of players with adds a little more danger^^
But the director still controls the spawning.
So no "z_spawn" is used.
Old 12-31-2013 , 23:58   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #17

I find it wierd that sometimes the other infected still acts like the last infected they were.

example:
A spitter acting like the last infected she was spawned. a hunter.
the spitter will crouch to the survivors,spit then nothing happens
Dscheng
Old 01-01-2014 , 05:30   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #18

If more than 4 survivor like 8 coop player. Will the plugin increase the difficulty based on how many player?
nicocg
Old 01-02-2014 , 16:29   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #19

This plugin is amazing, someone could correct the problem with the final map?
JayOtt
Old 01-05-2014 , 07:30   Re: [L4D2]Infected Bots Spawner/Difficulty Control(ASDC) V1.2
Reply With Quote #20

Using this in a L4D2 coop server. I'm loving this control over the CI... but is there any wany of spreading them out a little? I always find them bunched up in tight little groups. A shotgun takes care of a whole group without much effort!