Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Solved [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud

Post New Thread Reply   

larrybrains
Old 12-06-2019 , 16:42   [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #1

Wondering if it would be possible to have a Witch Hud display for the SI team when the witch spawns. It would be similar to the Tank Hud that comes with the Hyper-V HUD Manager plugin, but with some new Witch specific info such as:
  • Witch Health
  • Witch State (calm, startled, aggro, etc.)
  • Current Target (Survivor character name, SI class name, no target, lost target, etc.)
I think given that it is not always clear who she is targeting, Current Target would probably be the most valuable feature for a plugin like this.

Also, if there is a situation where the tank and witch are spawned at the same time, if it's not possible to show both huds at once, maybe the tank hud could take priority.

Hopefully someone is interested in taking this on. Thanks!

Last edited by larrybrains; 09-05-2022 at 18:11.
larrybrains
Old 01-04-2020 , 18:35   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #2

I would be willing to pay for this. PM me if you are interested.
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2020 , 19:49   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #3

This would require an extension since current target is stored in the behavior functions and current implementation DHooks (Experimental Dynamic Detour support) cannot handle object returns since reading the behavior without knowing it would exist would crash mostly I tried.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 01-04-2020 at 19:51.
larrybrains
Old 01-04-2020 , 20:22   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux View Post
This would require an extension since current target is stored in the behavior functions and current implementation DHooks (Experimental Dynamic Detour support) cannot handle object returns since reading the behavior without knowing it would exist would crash mostly I tried.
Ah, interesting. What amount of work would be involved with adding an extension to handle the current witch target?
dustinandband
Old 01-05-2020 , 09:51   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
If someone does decide to code this extension I’d be willing to pay for a video of the process of making it (talking through what you’re doing, etc). Must be at 1080p

$30 / $50 ($50 if you start from scratch in a virtual environment and walk through installing dependencies and downloading the necessary files from github).

(This is a separate payment request than OP’s original post. I’ve been wanting to have video resources on sourcemod extensions for some time now - not just for me but anyone interested in learning about it.)
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 01-05-2020 , 12:44   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrybrains View Post
Ah, interesting. What amount of work would be involved with adding an extension to handle the current witch target?
C++, disassembly knowledge, ect and R&D mostly 60% of the time spent usually.

I could do if dhooks had object returns, but i'm not good enough at writing C++ but i can read it -_-.

Was planning on tracking the target anyway since was fixing targeting when players change team when the witch targets the entity index with the witch clone fix it breaks target changing, everything is there for it just need a proper way to check if the witch address for witchattack is still valid since it's replaced with something else at times.

Commission me for L4D

Last edited by Lux; 01-05-2020 at 12:48.
OhHai
Old 01-05-2020 , 13:09   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:

Quote:
C++, disassembly knowledge, ect and R&D mostly 60% of the time spent usually.

I could do if dhooks had object returns, but i'm not good enough at writing C++ but i can read it -_-.

Was planning on tracking the target anyway since was fixing targeting when players change team when the witch targets the entity index with the witch clone fix it breaks target changing, everything is there for it just need a proper way to check if the witch address for witchattack is still valid since it's replaced with something else at times.
I crown thee Sir King Of Run On Sentences
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 01-06-2020 , 06:25   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #8

The Witch Control plugin was basically the icing on the cake for the witch for me. She went from being completely useless to far more deadly. Being able to walk her around or sit her down, climb, control her aggro, etc.

Its a shame that the community mostly shunned that plugin over the years though. Especially the competitive vs community and the vanilla Valve worshippers.

I guess people really just wanted a heavy dose of Dead Center Map 1 for those death charges and No Mercy 1 in vanilla pubstomps afterall or the routine Dark Carnival romps in the various Confogl configs over the years.

You can see why Valve never bothered to make the witch playable. Too controversial. Maybe in the virtual reality L4D3 she will be playable so the playerbase can't avoid it.

Last edited by Sev; 01-06-2020 at 06:28.
Marttt
Veteran Member
Old 01-08-2020 , 07:19   Re: [REQ][L4D2] Witch Hud
Reply With Quote #9

You can try to use the EMS HUD, I already have seen some servers doing that with tank HP

Example here: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...0&postcount=34

I usually don't like using menus to display information since only one can be active at a time so it blocks any function that uses menus (even !admin commands) since in some cases, it fires every second.