Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[REQ] Half Life Server Plugins

Post New Thread Reply   

Runner1409
Old 03-26-2020 , 17:51   [REQ] Half Life Server Plugins
Reply With Quote #1

Hello everyone!

I am really interested in upgrading a HLDS with some interesting plugins for AMXX.
Everything that i or the owner (buddy of mine) tried to install, except some stats plugin, didn't work.

I am looking for one (or more) of the following:

1. a Weapon Mod that works for the current version of HL. Basically all players will get all the weapons with full ammo on respawn (or weapons/ammo that i selected through a config file: eg.: everyone plays only 9mmAR and they get full ammo and nades + longjump).
2. Damage Indicator (similar to the ones in CS1.6). Every time you deal damage to a player, it will show next to your crosshair.
3. Simple map voting
4. Gun Game? Preferably with integrated stats (wins, dmg dealt, weapon stats, can be mysql but prefer local storage)
5. slot reservation
6. @mailbox - a plugin that would allow players to send messages to the admins, even when the admins are not online. Such plugin would save the messages into a log file to be read later by someone with server access.

Thank you very much for your help.
I considered doing this since my buddy tells me the server is kinda full every night (32 players) and it would seem this is a much better option than CS servers
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2020 , 23:02   Re: [REQ] Half Life Server Plugins
Reply With Quote #2

1. I've seen at least a couple "Weapon Mod" plugins, check those out.
  2. There is already a plugin that does this, are you saying that it doesn't support Half-Life?
  3. I only know of one popular gungame, check out its documentation to see if it support Half-Life.
  4. Map voting is built into AMX Mod X.
  5. Slot reservation is built into AMX Mod X.
  6. I've seen this requested and/or implemented at least once before, try searching.

The general suggestion is to search, search, and search some more. If you find something close, try it out and see how well it works. If you want/need it tweaked, you can request it in that plugin's own thread or post here (one topic per thread) to request the modification (always provide a link to the plugin that is kind of like what you want because it's often easier to modify an existing plugin or at least reference it).
Old 03-27-2020 , 06:39   Re: [REQ] Half Life Server Plugins
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
  1. I've seen at least a couple "Weapon Mod" plugins, check those out.
  2. There is already a plugin that does this, are you saying that it doesn't support Half-Life?
  3. I only know of one popular gungame, check out its documentation to see if it support Half-Life.
  4. Map voting is built into AMX Mod X.
  5. Slot reservation is built into AMX Mod X.
  6. I've seen this requested and/or implemented at least once before, try searching.

The general suggestion is to search, search, and search some more. If you find something close, try it out and see how well it works. If you want/need it tweaked, you can request it in that plugin's own thread or post here (one topic per thread) to request the modification (always provide a link to the plugin that is kind of like what you want because it's often easier to modify an existing plugin or at least reference it).
The general idea of a [REQ] thread is to post links based on what i ask. I tried searching already and that didn't work or would only work for CS.
CyanSquare
Old 01-13-2024 , 14:07   Re: [REQ] Half Life Server Plugins
Reply With Quote #4

A bit late response, but still. Sending .sma files to compile

- Simple Rock the Vote - just type "rtv" in the chat and it will call a vote for the next map shortly. It reads maps from
the file: valve/addons/amxmodx/congifs/maps.ini
- Damager that shows damage under the crosshair (you can edit coordinates/colors by tweaking some lines in the file).
- Equipment manager: inside your .../configs create a folder "equipment". Inside this folder create an .ini file with the corresponding map mane and write lines (see example below) what equipment do you want players to start with on this map

weapon_crowbar : 1
weapon_9mmAR : 1
ammo_glockclip : 1
ammo_9mmAR : 1
item_longjump : 1
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (rockthevote.sma - 28 views - 7.9 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (circular_damager.sma - 17 views - 2.9 KB)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (equipment_manager.sma - 24 views - 1.7 KB)