Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Left4Dead Support?

Post New Thread Reply   

WebNoob
Old 11-18-2008 , 04:02   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #61

All they need to do is add an option to "Create Lobby on Favorite Server", that would then pop open a list of your favorites to choose from. I don't see why they don't do something like that.
r3dh3adkid
Old 11-18-2008 , 11:50   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #62

Has anyone figured out how to get your L4D server from 8 slots to 12?

The 4 extra slots are not important because they force the 4 extra people to spectator but I just want to have 12 slots :-P
Old 11-18-2008 , 13:35   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by retsam View Post
What makes you think it isnt fixed? Dont make any judgements based on a dumb bugy demo.

Im sure they wouldnt release a retail game with a server browser that poor.....
Fail.

Sorry, don't mean to flame.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2008 , 13:46   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillxn View Post
Fail.

Sorry, don't mean to flame.

Yes but, you are a moron, so you fail.... I didnt they they wouldnt I was just saying dont judge by a demo. I am very surprised they didnt bother to incorporate a server browser into the retail game.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2008 , 13:51   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3dh3adkid View Post
Has anyone figured out how to get your L4D server from 8 slots to 12?

The 4 extra slots are not important because they force the 4 extra people to spectator but I just want to have 12 slots :-P

Myself and a few other server admins have been looking into this. As far as I can tell, you cant change slots to 12. It looks like the slots depend on the map and the lobby is able to change all that. Basically the lobby controls it all right now. If the map is the coop map, the server goes to 4 slots, if the map is vs it goes to 8. Some people have reported 14 slots upon start up but...I dont know how they are doing that. Perhaps for versus maps if you set +maxplayers above 8 it will allow that number for versus only?

Some people are reporting their servers are locked at 14 and they cant even change it even if they set it to +maxplayers 8, so i dunno whats up.
r3dh3adkid
Old 11-18-2008 , 14:34   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #66

Gameservers is reporting 12 slots when you try to purchase a server from them.

Darkstarllc currently has two or three 12 slot servers running. I searched for all L4D servers earlier today and saw a few that the title of the server was just darkstarllc and it was a 12 slot server. I cannot remember what mode it was set to, altho it was probably versus.
Old 11-18-2008 , 14:44   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #67

I dont think its even possible to have the slots above 4 for coop, so yeah it would have to be versus. Thats weird, so gameservers has the slots at 12 for purchasing a 8 slot server? Thats kinda cool I guess. Ive heard alot of bad things about gameservers.com so, id never use them but hey.

Later I am going to put one of our servers at 14 slots for versus mode and see it actually has 14 slots. Then I will know. 14 for versus sounds fun though. Better than 8 anyways.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 11-18-2008 , 23:28   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #68

Currently the game doesnt listen to a set maxplayers so maxplayers is hard coded into the game as 14 slots. Of course, 14 slots isnt used at the moment but perhaps valve will release an update to utilize the 14 slots later on this game servers can sell them for 14 slots or 8 atm but 14 will always be the true amount.

RikkAndrsn
Old 11-20-2008 , 18:12   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #69

So is anybody working on the SourceMod extension officially right now?
pRED*
Old 11-20-2008 , 18:16   Re: Left4Dead Support?
Reply With Quote #70

You mean a specific left4dead extension similar to the cstrike/tf2 ones? Not that I am aware of.

If you meant generic support for l4d - There's binaries available for donators in the donator forum.