Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 2.1.1)

Post New Thread Reply   

ThatGuy
Old 11-11-2008 , 00:10   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.0)
Reply With Quote #241

In my server, sometimes when the server gets full, people somehow build level 3 sentries. I have no idea how it's done. Is there anyway you can add a option to enable a timer to check every sentry, and if they have above a certain amount of ammo/metal, it will be destroyed? If you cant find a way to completely remove this exploit, that is.

Also.. would it be possible to have the option to disable or limit the engineer class? 32 people = loads of sentries.

And by the way gamma, excellent maps! I love lake

Last edited by ThatGuy; 11-11-2008 at 00:15.
Sirot
Old 11-11-2008 , 02:42   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.0)
Reply With Quote #242

I am looking into fixing this bug (it's not an exploit, just a anomaly) in 1.2.1. I am currently trying to finish the new zombie respawn system before I tackle the bugs.
gamma
Old 11-11-2008 , 03:18   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.0)
Reply With Quote #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy View Post
Also.. would it be possible to have the option to disable or limit the engineer class? 32 people = loads of sentries.
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=642353
Sirot
Old 11-12-2008 , 02:27   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.0)
Reply With Quote #244

ZF 1.2.1 is nearly done, I just to put up some finishing touches. I am saving the things I am unsure about for 1.2.2.

I took way longer than was necessary for this due to lack of time and fiddling with Zombie Horde.
Sirot
Old 11-12-2008 , 16:08   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #245

Quote:
Sorry for the long delay for this relatively small update. Time constraints and the unintended complexity of some features I wanted to include made this longer than expected.
Changes from 1.2.0 to 1.2.1:
- Zombie Horde! This mechanic replaces the Last Stand and is a redesign of the Zombie spawning system. The default spawn time for a Zombie is 16 seconds but that time is reduced by 1 second for every zombie nearby before your death. If you die in a mob of 4 zombies, your respawn time will be reduced to 12 seconds. A zombie has a minimum 10 second respawn time.
- Zombies no longer benefit from the normal respawn waves.
- Engineers now can type “zf_sentry” in chat to destroy their sentries.
- The “Sentries being able to be upgraded to level 3″ bug now fixed.
- Minor bug fixes all around.
Nut, I actually implemented the suggestions you had (aside from the forwarding). Thanks for the advice.
ThatGuy
Old 11-12-2008 , 23:31   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #246

Just loaded this plugin, and noticed the fancy CSAY text saying "XX second respawn" and then a player said something about his screen showing 140 seconds. I thought the csay was just having a display glitch, until I died and this happened to me.

[IMG]http://img442.**************/img442/7641/zfks6.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img442.**************/img442/zfks6.jpg/1/w407.png[/IMG]

I'm going to keep 1.2.0 for now.

Last edited by ThatGuy; 11-12-2008 at 23:34.
Sirot
Old 11-12-2008 , 23:59   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #247

You still respawn after 19 seconds max as zombie (if you die, 16 max), you just can't respawn using the normal timer due it to being insanely long. Everything is alright.
ThatGuy
Old 11-13-2008 , 19:30   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #248

So it just displays that? ah.. well i still dont know if i want to use the newest version, it would confuse all the players and most likely make them leave the server thinking that the respawn time is to high.
Old 11-13-2008 , 19:32   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #249

agree'd
Old 11-14-2008 , 02:51   Re: [TF2] Zombie Fortress (current version: 1.2.1)
Reply With Quote #250

That is a valid point. I will try to find another work around.

I am right now debating if ZF needs a crucial change in its gameplay. I find both the survivor and zombie roles to be somewhat incomplete to what they should be.

Also, I want to cut down on as much code as possible. ZF has stability issues that I can't comprehend the origin from and doing a redesign might be the best way to get away from my love affair with timers.

What I am thinking for ZF: Electric Boogaloo... for at least a prototype.
- Completely redesigned Zombies. I want a greater feeling of a endless horde. I am going to keep both the Scout and Heavy, since they represent fast and slow zombies respectively, but the spy is taken out. I want to nearly completely remove respawn time from the equation and instead opt for "break away ability" where a Zombie can press the "call for medic" button to kill themselves at any time and respawn instantly. If they get killed normally, you have to wait for the wave respawn. Scout Zombies get a small temporary speed penalty after respawning to keep them in line with heavies. You never really fail as long as you can escape in time. Zombies are getting a nerf in respect to this.
- Survivors become more direct. I really want to get rid of the Engineer class because the Sentry really makes being a Zombie difficult in the aggrevating way. The engineer gets a make over as the shotty class (no-reload shotgun) but loses his ability to make...buildings. He slowly heals health and regains ammo from his metal pool instead. When a survivor is alone without a team mate in sight, he will emit a hearbeat noise that is audible by all players. To balance all this out, I am going to tweak the classes a bit to give them more creative abilities.

What do ya think?