- Allows players to vote change the game mode.
- Admins can force change the game mode.
- Displays a menu listing game modes specified from a config.
- 2 configs provided, one with Valve game modes and the other with community made mutations from the All Mutations Unlocked addon.
- Mr.RuyC and NanX - For help testing the plugin on their server.
- n3wton and chundo - For source code (credits inside).
- Rayman1103 and everyone who contributed to the All Mutations Unlocked addon.
- disawar1 - For testing and Russian translations.
- Mr. Man
- Don't Fear The Reaper - German translations.
Custom Menu and Config:
- Switching to coop from versus will put 4 players in spectator (unless you have 4+ coop).
- Switching to versus with l4d_votemode_restart "2" causes only 1 round to play before changing chapter. Set the cvar to "1".
- The menu is generated from a key value config
- The config must be saved to l4d_votemode.cfg in your servers \left4dead\addons\sourcemod\data\ folder.
- Each section ("Coop" in this example) is displayed as an option. Each key ("Bleed Out") is listed and will change the game mode to it's value ("mutation3").
"Bleed Out" "mutation3"
// All players
sm_votemode // Displays a menu to vote the game into a different mode.
// Admins only (requires "z" flag)
sm_forcemode // Allows admins to force the game into a different mode.
sm_passmode // Allows admins to pass a current vote.
sm_vetomode // Allows admins to veto a current vote.
// You can also vote/force the game mode by specifying the mode, for example:
Saved to l4d_votemode.cfg
in your servers \left4dead\cfg\sourcemod\
// 0=No, 1=Display in the Server Commands of admin menu.
// Players with these flags can vote to change the game mode.
// 0=No restart, 1=With 'changelevel' command, 2=Restart map with 'mp_restartgame' cvar.
// How long the vote should be visible.
// Vote Mode plugin version.
- Added Hungarian translations to the "translations.zip", thanks to "KasperH" for providing.
- Now sets Normal difficulty anytime the plugin changes gamemode. Thanks to "Alex101192" for reporting.
- Fixed potential issues with some translations not being displayed in the right language.
- Various changes to tidy up code.
- Optionally uses Info Editor (requires version 1.8 or newer) to detect and change to valid Survival/Scavenge maps.
- This method will also set the difficulty to Normal when switching to Survival/Scavenge maps.
- This method only works when l4d_votemode_restart is set to 1.
- Thanks to "Alex101192" for testing.
- Converted plugin source to the latest syntax utilizing methodmaps. Requires SourceMod 1.8 or newer.
- Added German translations - Thanks to "Don't Fear The Reaper".
- Fixed votes potentially not displaying to everyone.
- Initial release.
- Click "Get Plugin" and put the .smx file into your servers \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
- Download "l4d_votemode.cfg" and save to your servers \addons\sourcemod\data\ folder. This includes all game modes from Valve.
- Download "translations.zip" and extract the "translations" folder to your servers \addons\sourcemod\ folder.
- Optionally install Mission and Weapons - Info Editor (requires version 1.8 or newer) so switching to Survival/Scavenge will load the correct map for gamemode.
- Alternatively download l4d_votemode_all.cfg. This includes all game modes from Valve and the All Mutations Unlocked addon.
- Save to your servers \addons\sourcemod\data\ folder. You must rename this file to l4d_votemode.cfg.
- You must have the above addon or the custom game modes will not work.
: English (en), German (de), Hungarian (hu), Russian (ru).