Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Post New Thread Closed Thread   

asteriskgaming
Old 11-17-2010 , 04:06   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Thanks for the quick update but it spams my console with "Loading complete." endlessly.

edit: also I just tested in GMod with someone who is VAC Banned only in GMod and no combination worked to allow them in.

Last edited by asteriskgaming; 11-17-2010 at 04:44.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 11-17-2010 , 05:15   Re: [OB] [ALPHA] UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteriskgaming View Post
Thanks for the quick update but it spams my console with "Loading complete." endlessly.
Sorry about that, fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asteriskgaming View Post
edit: also I just tested in GMod with someone who is VAC Banned only in GMod and no combination worked to allow them in.
If you were using the latest version (the one spamming the "Loading complete." message), then it would have never gotten to the bypassing code (since it didn't think that it was loaded).
Old 11-27-2010 , 12:15   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Updated with 0.0.5
  • Much more robust method, now tells the server the connection was approved instead of just not telling it that it was blocked.
  • Support for L4D2
Old 11-27-2010 , 14:11   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Confirmed working on both windows and linux

MapHapSop
Old 12-01-2010 , 00:58   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

I have ran my local TF2 Server with this plug-in installed and had 2 of my VAC Secure accounts and one VAC Banned account join. Will this get my VAC banned on my other 2 accounts?
KyleS
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 12-01-2010 , 01:00   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapHapSop View Post
Will this get my VAC banned on my other 2 accounts?
The checks as far as I know are server side, which this bypasses.

You will not be VAC banned for joining a 'corrupt' server.
MapHapSop
Old 12-01-2010 , 01:01   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

I know I won't be VAC'd for joining a corrupt server, but I host the server on the same computer that I use the 3 accounts from and I heard you could get banned for using DLLs.
Swixel
Old 12-01-2010 , 01:35   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
I know I won't be VAC'd for joining a corrupt server, but I host the server on the same computer that I use the 3 accounts from and I heard you could get banned for using DLLs.
You do ... if they're on the client ... it's damn near impossible to get a VAC ban from a source engine server (and even then it's more likely Valve would just blacklist the server). Remember: Valve games aren't a USD$90 VAC ban.
MapHapSop
Old 12-01-2010 , 01:55   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

I only had the one meta mod plug-in DLL on the server, none of the clients had it. But I'm still worried about it being on the same computer.
asherkin
SourceMod Developer
Old 12-01-2010 , 02:03   Re: UnVAC - Allow certain VAC-banned players into your server

Quote:
I only had the one meta mod plug-in DLL on the server, none of the clients had it. But I'm still worried about it being on the same computer.
There is no need to be worried, be less paranoid .
VAC only looks for modules loaded into the client's memory area, it doesn't scan your HDD.