[Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]

Post New Thread Reply   

RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 02-09-2019 , 13:55   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNAT2645 View Post
Is there any way to add server script without cd command (script don't see config if you're not in directory where script is located) to etc/init.d ?
Chdir
MAGNAT2645
Old 02-10-2019 , 00:48   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #42

My system doesn't have chdir, only cd command. I also tried to enable script autolaunch via rcconf but nothing happened after reboot. Maybe something wrong in script code?
Old 02-10-2019 , 02:04   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGNAT2645 View Post
My system doesn't have chdir, only cd command. I also tried to enable script autolaunch via rcconf but nothing happened after reboot. Maybe something wrong in script code?
I'm unsure, reference your OS's docs for changing the current working directory.
MAGNAT2645
Old 02-10-2019 , 02:16   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #44

Seems to be fixed, i've added autolaunch script to rc.local (and put sleep 1m to make sure that MySQL loaded before script launch).
Old 02-18-2019 , 03:13   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #45

How heavily does this rely on the database? I mean, is every single chat transcript going to be saved in the database? Wouldn't that make the whole db huge in a small time frame?
Also, would a raspberry pi be able to handle both the server and the database?
I'm asking because I'm currently "borrowing" database space and my host wasn't too happy with this idea, so, if the database does use a lot of space, I was considering hosting it on my rpi, so that it wouldn't use up too much space on the regular database I'm curretly using.
Thanks!
Old 02-18-2019 , 03:42   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post
How heavily does this rely on the database? I mean, is every single chat transcript going to be saved in the database? Wouldn't that make the whole db huge in a small time frame?
Also, would a raspberry pi be able to handle both the server and the database?
I'm asking because I'm currently "borrowing" database space and my host wasn't too happy with this idea, so, if the database does use a lot of space, I was considering hosting it on my rpi, so that it wouldn't use up too much space on the regular database I'm curretly using.
Thanks!
None of the messages is stored in the database, the only thing the database is used for is to store the entities configuration, so you don't have to reconfigure it on reboot. 1mb of space is more than enough for most cases. Also, the PI is way more than enough to handle it.
Obyboby
Veteran Member
Old 02-18-2019 , 04:29   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleFrog View Post
None of the messages is stored in the database, the only thing the database is used for is to store the entities configuration, so you don't have to reconfigure it on reboot. 1mb of space is more than enough for most cases. Also, the PI is way more than enough to handle it.
Thank you for your reply.
Old 02-18-2019 , 17:35   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #48

Sorry for double posting.
So I have installed MySQL on my RPI and created a user, a database etc etc
I have the server ready on the RPI as well, I've uploaded the smx on my game server (hosted somewhere else obviously), and checked the .cfg file.
I have also set the configuration file on my rpi with the right settings, at least I guess so.
When I try to launch the server on the rpi, it says connection refused.
I did make sure I opened the ports on my router, I have also tried localhost but no luck. Always connection refused.
Any idea what's wrong here?
Also, is it safe to use the rpi I have here at home on my network to do this kind of stuff?
Thanks

EDIT: ok fixed by following this tutorial
But now it says "Error 1130: Host xxxxxx is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

EDIT2: so it seems I need to add some IP to be allowed to connect to my RPI's database but I don't understand which one I have to set. The game server's IP? My local network IP? My NO-IP address I use to keep the RPI connected to the internet? Wow, this can get confusing..

EDIT3: fixed! I had to set "localhost" under "Host" in my config.toml file (on the rpi)

EDIT4: got it to work, but the BOT on discord cannot find any entities, it replies with "No entities found in database"

EDIT5: Had to give up because I don't really feel safe using my home RPI as a server. Also the server owner said it's not really safe too. He's helping me configure it on their machine.

EDIT6: Plugin works fine, thanks. Some questions:
- Is it possible to mirror any message that appears in chat? Including server/console messages, plugin related messages, automatic server messages etc etc
- Can we have an option to show which team the players belong to?

The first option could be useful if I wanted to check the nextmap (example): I'd go to Discord, send "nextmap", and if the relay can send the console output, I'd be able to see the next map on Discord.

Thanks

Last edited by Obyboby; 02-19-2019 at 08:19.
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 02-25-2019 , 00:21   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obyboby View Post
Sorry for double posting.
So I have installed MySQL on my RPI and created a user, a database etc etc
I have the server ready on the RPI as well, I've uploaded the smx on my game server (hosted somewhere else obviously), and checked the .cfg file.
I have also set the configuration file on my rpi with the right settings, at least I guess so.
When I try to launch the server on the rpi, it says connection refused.
I did make sure I opened the ports on my router, I have also tried localhost but no luck. Always connection refused.
Any idea what's wrong here?
Also, is it safe to use the rpi I have here at home on my network to do this kind of stuff?
Thanks

EDIT: ok fixed by following this tutorial
But now it says "Error 1130: Host xxxxxx is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server"

EDIT2: so it seems I need to add some IP to be allowed to connect to my RPI's database but I don't understand which one I have to set. The game server's IP? My local network IP? My NO-IP address I use to keep the RPI connected to the internet? Wow, this can get confusing..

EDIT3: fixed! I had to set "localhost" under "Host" in my config.toml file (on the rpi)

EDIT4: got it to work, but the BOT on discord cannot find any entities, it replies with "No entities found in database"

EDIT5: Had to give up because I don't really feel safe using my home RPI as a server. Also the server owner said it's not really safe too. He's helping me configure it on their machine.

EDIT6: Plugin works fine, thanks. Some questions:
- Is it possible to mirror any message that appears in chat? Including server/console messages, plugin related messages, automatic server messages etc etc
- Can we have an option to show which team the players belong to?

The first option could be useful if I wanted to check the nextmap (example): I'd go to Discord, send "nextmap", and if the relay can send the console output, I'd be able to see the next map on Discord.

Thanks
It will only send valid client messages, server/console/plugin messages are not considered client.

For the team to be shown, more data would be added to the protocol and I don't see it as a feasible change as a general purpose, on top of being different per game
RumbleFrog
Great Tester of Whatever
Old 03-18-2019 , 16:53   Re: [Any] Source Chat Relay [Discord <=> Ingame]
Reply With Quote #50

Fixed artifact for Windows build, forgot an export