8% 

[CS:S] One Man Army

Post New Thread Reply   

Black Haze
BANNED
Old 08-17-2009 , 12:50   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #21

Awesome you're my hero
Yeah I already upgraded to 1.3, since I couldn't get the old one to work (due to me being stupid and not meeting the prerequisites :$)
InstantDeath
Old 08-20-2009 , 00:43   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #22

So, I was playing this yesterday with several people on my server and we played for several hours. I noticed that most of the maps we went to were small, and i think that seem to make the game a bit more intense. I think when we went to fy_iceworld was the smallest one we went to.

Has anyone got any questions, comments, or found any bugs yet?

Edit: I'm joining my server now if anyone wants to join me.
Old 08-20-2009 , 02:16   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #23

Feature request :

More cvar to customize the mod, set how many HE the player will get with level 1 HE skill, in how much time the HE will refill. Make that when a player suicide an other player is randomly chosen as the one man army, so players wont keep suiciding when they are on low HP to make the round restart and grab some easy kills at the next round.

Give to the one man army after 50 kills a detect invisibility kit menu, with a command that he can use every 15 seconds, so if everyone walk/crouch he could detect them like that, kind of beacon power in a defined range.
If he could see walking players with night vision it would be great too (still with kill amount required).

Bugs :

Dissolve ragdolls doesn't work.
Disslove grenades on floor doesn't work too.
When a player walks, even if he keep pressing the walk key he'll appears at random times and get powned by the T.

I'm running gungames maps too, the most important is not the size of the map, but the wall and the path, if it's a too big map with open view it will be easier for the T. Even on big gungames map, if you look at your radar, you can crouch down on a corner while he's going back and shoting on other players.
Thanks for making this mod, my user voted it to be the next server of my team, so I installed it recently (I knew it was fun already cause I played the previous version, even with so many crashes it was fun).

If you wanna join it when there is human players on it, here's the IP :

[FR] AdV-Team.fr .::OneManArmy::.
connect 87.98.167.245:27070
Old 08-20-2009 , 09:15   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #24

Forget about my detect invis feature.

Could you make a respawn queue, I mean, CT wont repsawn in same time, because if they do they get stucked, or make a team no block for CT.

Bugs / exploits :

Radar will show the CT's position, need to force disabling it when you're T.
Sometimes on some map, no T is chosen, and when a T join he's getting killed and switched back to CT, with admin switch the T will have his weapon, but if a CT kill him he stay T and the round restart.

Last edited by NouveauJoueur; 08-20-2009 at 09:33.
InstantDeath
Old 08-20-2009 , 19:44   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by NouveauJoueur View Post
Forget about my detect invis feature.

Could you make a respawn queue, I mean, CT wont repsawn in same time, because if they do they get stucked, or make a team no block for CT.

Bugs / exploits :

Radar will show the CT's position, need to force disabling it when you're T.
Sometimes on some map, no T is chosen, and when a T join he's getting killed and switched back to CT, with admin switch the T will have his weapon, but if a CT kill him he stay T and the round restart.
There's already a respawn queue.. well sort of. Respawn times increase slowly each time you die. I'll put a little message in the hint box so that the player can tell when hes going to respawn.

Not only can the T see the CT on the radar, if he looks at the CT, the CT's name will appear. I'm currently working on how to hide and/or remove this.

hmmm. if you're having problems with the OMA staying the OMA, check the console to see if he is actually the OMA with the command, sm_oma_who.

About the detect invisibility idea you had, I had been thinking about something similar. I was thinking about making it so that if a player is cloaked by walking, within a certain distance of the OMA he will become partially visible. I would like some thoughts about this. Oh, and if the player cloaked by crouching they would be unaffected. This is to make it slightly easier on the OMA when the CTs start getting Super Stealth, since you can go slightly faster than normal running when cloaked by walking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NouveauJoueur View Post
Feature request :

More cvar to customize the mod, set how many HE the player will get with level 1 HE skill, in how much time the HE will refill. Make that when a player suicide an other player is randomly chosen as the one man army, so players wont keep suiciding when they are on low HP to make the round restart and grab some easy kills at the next round.

Give to the one man army after 50 kills a detect invisibility kit menu, with a command that he can use every 15 seconds, so if everyone walk/crouch he could detect them like that, kind of beacon power in a defined range.
If he could see walking players with night vision it would be great too (still with kill amount required).

Bugs :

Dissolve ragdolls doesn't work.
Disslove grenades on floor doesn't work too.
When a player walks, even if he keep pressing the walk key he'll appears at random times and get powned by the T.
I've been thinking about changing the way the henade regens, at least in terms of skillpoints. I might change it so that 1 point to henade gives you 1 nade per round and 2 points into he nade give you what it is now, a new nade everytime you hurt the enemy.

I'm gonna have to increase the respawn time to fix the ragdoll remover, and when i said i fixed the nade spam at spawn, i ment that I had it give you a nade at spawn regardless if you had a nade to begin with. That is now fixed of course. I'll set it so that it chooses a new oma when they suicide in the next version, which hopefully wont be too long from now.

Oh and about the random appearing thing. You do know that when a player jumps, is hurt or runs it will decloak them? What I'm getting at is are you sure its random?

and one last thing, If i made a translations file for this, would you translate it for me?

Last edited by InstantDeath; 08-20-2009 at 20:00.
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-20-2009 , 21:54   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #26

Yes, if you make a translation file i'll translate it.
The actual way grenades regens is good, when you make dammages with it it gives you an other, so if the T camps in a unreachable spot for CT we can get him down by throwing nade's at him, the only prob was nades on the floor.
I said randomly because, I was walking and he saw me appearing (we was testing the mod), and I knew he wans't cheating cause I saw it too when he was walking, it happenned in an aera of the map I can't describe because I don't know the word... It's like stairs but with no stairs, you get me ? xD

Like this :

/
/

I'll make more test about it and tell you if it happens again.

A feature request, and I really think it would be great after playing with more then 12 players on this mod, is a vote that display at the begining of each map like that :

OMA Kill mod :

1. The one who kills become the OMA
2. The one who make the most dammage on the OMA (for his life duration only) become the OMA

So if players chose 2., In the chat or in the left side of the screen will be writed who dealed the most dammages and that he's now the OMA.
So when you're knifing 4 times the OMA and someone throw an HE and kill him no one will rage anymore xD
Your mod with real players is very intensive, that's why I really think it needs this vote, but if you don't want of it cause it sounds like a bad idea to you I wont mind.
Old 08-23-2009 , 06:15   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #27

I've got one little (well not little most likely) request: make the bots stop shooting you when yer invisible. A bot as OMA destroys the game, and there aint always humans in the server since it's only been running for a week or so.

Wait I got another one :p
When a player enters the game, put a few lines in the chat section telling people how to play (especially invisibility) cause not everyone reads the MOTD...
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-23-2009 , 07:13   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Haze View Post
Wait I got another one :p
When a player enters the game, put a few lines in the chat section telling people how to play (especially invisibility) cause not everyone reads the MOTD...
Yeah or make it as as separate plugin would be good too, and ppl don't always read messages on connect, you could put it as a message every round, like "Crouch or walk to be invisible" and add a small help menu and tell it by "type help to get the help menu".

[Plugins Request] Message on round end / start

Old 08-23-2009 , 14:38   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #29

Another feature request:
a cvar to control the amount of rounds played on one map, then it switches to next map via sm's nextmap var. Now the map changes at half the round cause the time ran out...
NouveauJoueur
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-23-2009 , 17:31   Re: [CS:S] One Man Army
Reply With Quote #30

Enforce the time limit.

Like this?