Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.5) [10-May-2020]

Post New Thread Reply   

NVS Envy
Old 05-24-2011 , 18:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #21

Im running away in shame, im tired and its been awhile since i played :-) Got bored with the game but kept my servers. Your plugin is bringing me back though :-)

Edit : Now re reading the operating manual for L4D2. LOL I need a refresher. I feel so embarrassed

Last edited by NVS Envy; 05-24-2011 at 18:54.
TOP-ic
Old 05-27-2011 , 08:20   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #22

L 05/27/2011 - 16:131: [SM] Native "HookSingleEntityOutput" reported: Entity Outputs are disabled - See error logs for details
L 05/27/2011 - 16:131: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "l4d_lift_music.smx":
L 05/27/2011 - 16:131: [SM] [0] Line 100, ...left4dead2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scr ipting\l4d_lift_music.sp::tmrStart()
POLICEMATRIX
BANNED
Old 05-31-2011 , 08:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #23

well yes first nice plugin love it
but like was previously said it would be nice if in the .cfg file you could say list 3 maybe 5 differnt samples/music eg music/flu/blah.wav;blahh2.wav and so on so that you could use little samples in order to create ,well you know what i mean , i have found some lovely sound clips but each is just 5 secs so either these will repeat or just stop idk
Send a message via Skype™ to POLICEMATRIX
TheSuggestioner
Old 09-02-2011 , 17:44   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #24

Also an elevator No Mercy in l4d2...
If a Tank kills you!
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 09-02-2011 , 18:52   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #25

@TOP-ic: those errors are caused by your SourceMod being out of date.

@POLICEMATRIX: I hope to eventually add this.

@TheSuggestioner: Which chapter? I already included the one on c8m4_interior...
Old 09-04-2011 , 16:08   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
@TOP-ic: those errors are caused by your SourceMod being out of date.

@POLICEMATRIX: I hope to eventually add this.

@TheSuggestioner: Which chapter? I already included the one on c8m4_interior...
At least add it in your description or update log on the first post.
It is very embarrassing...
If a Tank kills you!
POLICEMATRIX1
BANNED
Old 09-15-2011 , 04:42   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #27

ok thanks =)
Randy0rton
Old 02-25-2012 , 16:40   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #28

Can you make a plugin where the overall campaign has a nice background music?
The 5th Survivor
Old 03-16-2012 , 20:12   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.2 - 20-May-2011)
Reply With Quote #29

I have this plugin installed in my L4D1 server and it works perfectly. Great idea Silvers

As a suggestion, you should post the following quote in the first post you made because people still keep asking about custom music.

Quote:
It has to from the default files in L4D1/L4D2, custom content won't be heard by players unless they have manually downloaded them.

Quote:
Do any other L4D1 maps have elevators? I can't recall any.
The only other lift in L4D1 I can think of is in No Mercy map 3 outside the factory next to the gas station you can blow up. It's the one that triggers the crescendo. But that one is too short of a ride. Maybe you can add it for that spot in L4D1 anyway since there's no other elevator, but let the music keep playing until it's finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVS Envy View Post
Will short music clips of 5 seconds loop? or just play once.
Short music clips DON'T loop once it has finished playing. Even if it's a clip that normally repeats when you play the game, it won' repeat on the elevator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVS Envy View Post
Will long clips say over minute continue once the lift has finished its travel or will they be cut off..
Once the lift reaches the destination, the music stops playing. If I remeber correctly, the elevator ride is about 42 seconds long. So if the music clip that is playing is longer than that, it will be cut short once the elevator doors open. There's 174 music clips in the sound folder for L4D1 (which are the ones you can choose from) and only 11 of them are over 42 seconds in length. Ironically, those are the ones most people will want to use.

By the way Silvers, for L4D1, can you please add plugin support for the following folder so users can also include tracks from the Sacrifice in the CFG file.

left4dead_dlc3\sound\music

That folder has 3 sub-folders. "cpmusic", "stmusic", and "flu". Flu has another sub-folder, Jukebox, which is where most of the tracks are. I tried looking at the plugin source myself to see if I could add it manually, but I don't even see where the left4dead\sound folder is even specified. That and don't really know anything about making a plugin

And if it's not too much trouble, can you add these too?

left4dead\sound\npc
left4dead\sound\player

Those two folders contain a lot of unused voice clips and it would be great to hear them in the game. If it's too much trouble to add those, then don't sweat it. It's no big deal. But please add the music folders for the Sacrifice.

If you ever decide to expand this plugin with additional features, a suggestion I would have is to allow the "chaining" of music clips and specify in the CGF file for what duration you want each clip to play before going to the next one. For example, this could be one line:

\left4dead\sound\music\zombat\danger\HordeDan ger_01.wav [0:07], \left4dead\sound\music\zombat\Horde_01.wav [0:05], \left4dead\sound\music\zombat\slayer\HordeSla yer_01.wav [0:05], \left4dead\sound\music\zombat\GatesOfHell.wav [0:04]

That specifies to chain 4 music clips. It will play the first one for 7 seconds, then the next one for 5 seconds and so on.... until it's done. This would actually work great with the voice clips too if you are able to add those.

I had a few other ideas as well. As a prank, if you can add "left4dead\sound\ambient\explosions" so that we can use those music clips, and trigger the screen shake effect like a Tank is nearby, you can make it look like activating the elevator caused an explosion and the elevator is falling. And to add to the effect, you can trigger the "vocalize playerdeath" on all alive players and omit the normal elevator conversation. But make the possibility of this happening configurable in the CFG file. This would make one hilarious scene

Anyway, thanks again for the plugin
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-06-2012 , 01:53   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Lift Music (1.3) [10-May-2012]
Reply With Quote #30

I will not adding anything else to this. Only bug fixes, but there are none.

The sounds are all relative to the sounds folder, so the dlc folders should work, just don't include this part: left4dead_dlc3\sound\

Last edited by Silvers; 06-06-2012 at 01:54.