Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Server crashing since updates?

Post New Thread Reply   

headline
SourceMod Moderator
Old 11-29-2017 , 22:45   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpicyGamers View Post
Since the sourcemod won't fix anything, what can we do to solve the problem? Are almost 6000 servers with the same problem...
We do and will fix issues if it's caused by us.
No crash reports we've seen thus far indicate that it's SourceMod causing these crashes.

Also, removing base plugins and top menu wont fix your servers. Stop with this ridiculousness. Drifter said, "One seemed to be something with voice the other is in hell." Indicating that we have looked into it, and have not received any actionable information to come up with a fix even IF it's our fault, which based on his statement suggests that it isn't.

My suggestion is to "trim the fat" on your servers anyway. Remove some of the extensions and plugins that you don't need (this excludes baseplugins, dhooks, steamtools, and topmenu). Looking through the crash logs, some people from the sm team found dumb things like "BlockSM.so" and other extensions you might want to consider removing anyway.

All in all, be patient and respectful to our team who spends many many many hours their free time working on the sourcemod project, and wait for a fix.

Last edited by headline; 11-29-2017 at 22:50.
nguyenbaodanh
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-29-2017 , 22:49   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headline View Post
We do and will fix issues if it's caused by us.
No crash reports we've seen thus far indicate that it's SourceMod causing these crashes.

Also, removing base plugins and top menu wont fix your servers. Stop with this ridiculousness. Drifter said, "One seemed to be something with voice the other is in hell." Indicating that we have looked into it, and have not received any actionable information to come up with a fix even IF it's our fault, which based on his statement suggests that it isn't.

My suggestion is to "trim the fat" on your servers anyway. Remove some of the extensions and plugins that you don't need (this excludes baseplugins, dhooks, steamtools, etc). Looking through the crash logs, some people from the sm team found dumb things like "BlockSM.so" and other extensions you might want to consider removing anyway.

All in all, be patient and respectful for our team who spends many many many hours their free time working on the sourcemod project, and wait for a fix.
So ... the crash is caused by some extension ? I'll try remove some
Old 11-29-2017 , 22:53   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #93

Quote:
Originally Posted by nguyenbaodanh View Post
So ... the crash is caused by some extension ? I'll try remove some
It could be, if it's an extension which hooks shit in the engine. Which is why the idea of removing topmenus is ridiculous, it doesn't.

On top of that, here's a little snippet from psychonic about disabling mapchooser.
Code:
<psychonic> and then the couple people saying to disable mapchooser (probably disabled if removing topmenus), after others saying it crashes on map change
<psychonic> well, yeah. if it crashes on map change and you stop it from changing map, what do you think is gonna happen

Last edited by headline; 11-29-2017 at 22:55.
Muscle Brazil
Old 11-29-2017 , 23:14   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #94

same problem my servers change map crash
d1rTyS
Old 11-29-2017 , 23:16   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #95

My servers seem to crash when plugins precache stuff after all configs are executed (only when i change map, first map after restart seems fine).

Rewriting all the affected plugins so nothing gets precached in OnConfigsExecuted() fixes the issue for me.

Kinda sucks if you want to read models to precache from config files...

Hope this helps

Last edited by d1rTyS; 11-29-2017 at 23:19.
Byte
Old 11-29-2017 , 23:45   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1rTyS View Post
My servers seem to crash when plugins precache stuff after all configs are executed (only when i change map, first map after restart seems fine).

Rewriting all the affected plugins so nothing gets precached in OnConfigsExecuted() fixes the issue for me.

Kinda sucks if you want to read models to precache from config files...

Hope this helps
Are you precaching sounds by any chance?
Could you paste the code here.
You got precache sounds a little differently in CSGO/Dota2.
STEAM: /id/invexbyte | Github: Mo Beigi | Discord: Byte#0017
Community: Invex Gaming | My Plugins: Click Me!

lay295
Old 11-29-2017 , 23:56   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #97

I was getting "Host_Error: Index error writing string table baseline modelprecache"

Narrowed it down to basecommands, specifically the sm_cvar command. When I commented out the sm_cvar command the plugin would no longer crash when a player connected. So I removed all of the sm_cvar commands from my configs it stopped crashing. Atleast on one of my servers, so people if you're using sm_cvar in your configs try removing them.

This fixed 1 of my servers, I hope it's the fix to the rest

2nd server the ws plugin I was using was making it crash, putting everything after OnConfigsExecuted with a 1 second timer stopped the crash. It's weird though because I have this ws plugin on other servers and they aren't crashing...

These 2 steps seemed to have fixed all of my servers.

Last edited by lay295; 11-30-2017 at 01:16.
komashchenko
BANNED
Old 11-30-2017 , 02:32   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #98

After enabling GOTV, the server is stable
Within three hours does not crash
butare
Old 11-30-2017 , 02:32   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #99

"index error writing string table baseline downloadables" that's what I get on mapchange, but here's what valve update in the last update:
– Smoothed out game server hitching when a new player connects and downloads initial game state.
– SSE4 optimizations in network string tables to reduce server hitches on connection of new player.

So maybe it crashes on mapchange when we add custom content to download list? Can anyone confirm this?
Byte
Old 11-30-2017 , 02:54   Re: Server crashing since updates?
Reply With Quote #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by komashchenko View Post
After enabling GOTV, the server is stable
Within three hours does not crash
Huh...odd.
I'm getting no crashes and running GOTV on all my servers.
STEAM: /id/invexbyte | Github: Mo Beigi | Discord: Byte#0017
Community: Invex Gaming | My Plugins: Click Me!

Last edited by Byte; 11-30-2017 at 02:54.