Map Decals

Post New Thread Reply   

Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-22-2015 , 19:12   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsplash View Post
Is it possible that this plugin could cause server lag depending on how many decals are loaded?
No I've never seen that unless the decals and other files such as the map and sounds are being pulled from the server vs a fast dl location from many clients and the server can't handle it.
cedrik17
Old 01-23-2015 , 03:42   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
fast DL locations are what the clients look for first then to the server for available files.
So, if i'll remove my decals from fast dl, my players will download them from server in appropriate way? (I hope that .vtf and .vtm will download together, not one or another)

@edit
I checked that, files is trying to download only from fastl dl, but not from game server (if we have sv_downloaurl ..).

Last edited by cedrik17; 01-23-2015 at 04:03.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2015 , 08:26   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedrik17 View Post
So, if i'll remove my decals from fast dl, my players will download them from server in appropriate way? (I hope that .vtf and .vtm will download together, not one or another)

@edit
I checked that, files is trying to download only from fastl dl, but not from game server (if we have sv_downloaurl ..).
Yeah if you have sv_downloadurl set it will target fast download first but it isn't about being appropriate its about saving resources on the server which I prefer fastdl even if the vtf and vmt files are small I'll still upload them there.

Make sure everything matches too location of where they are on the host, where they are targeted in the configs decal.cfg, the vtf files, etc.
cedrik17
Old 01-23-2015 , 08:30   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #564

The point is, that i've checked everything (localization on fast dl and game server are the same, on decal.cfg too) few times. Maybe upload yours .smx, decal.cfg and .vtf/vtm and i'll check it on my server.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2015 , 17:38   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #565

Quote:
The point is, that i've checked everything (localization on fast dl and game server are the same, on decal.cfg too) few times. Maybe upload yours .smx, decal.cfg and .vtf/vtm and i'll check it on my server.
I'm sure you've missed something, likely the target location in the vmt file where you need to assign the $basetexture such as "custom/name/name"
cedrik17
Old 01-23-2015 , 17:47   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #566

One of mine .vtm :
Quote:
"LightmappedGeneric"
{
"$basetexture" "decals\fifka\clipteam"
"$decal" 1
"$decalscale" 0.25
"$translucent" 1
}
Same localization in game server and fast dl. But still, my main problem is not-downloading .vtf file by fast dl.
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2015 , 19:22   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #567

Quote:
One of mine .vtm :

Same localization in game server and fast dl. But still, my main problem is not-downloading .vtf file by fast dl.
do other files download ok from fast DL ok? Are you using the version of this plugin as noted thru the thread to be a working version and not just the one in the 1st/Op post?
cedrik17
Old 01-23-2015 , 19:26   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #568

Yeah, other files like end sound and maps are ok. Acctualy i have plugin from 1st post, do you have better/remaked or something version?
Horsedick
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-23-2015 , 21:11   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #569

Quote:
Yeah, other files like end sound and maps are ok. Acctualy i have plugin from 1st post, do you have better/remaked or something version?

Yeah there is a "working" version else where..

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpost.php?p=986520

It was 20+ pages in so next time try reading thru the whole thread cause alot of times normal problems will already be addressed with various plugins.
delidolu1genc
Old 01-27-2015 , 15:02   Re: Map Decals
Reply With Quote #570

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horsedick View Post
There is no standard position.
How can I create a position?
Send a message via MSN to delidolu1genc Send a message via Skype™ to delidolu1genc