Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

High Ping Kicker

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:   Server Management        Approver:   devicenull (200)
cgountanis
Old 09-25-2004 , 17:40   High Ping Kicker
Reply With Quote #1

Started from OLO's HPK plugin. I revised and made admins immune cutting down on the ammount of tasks. I totally redid the way it averaged pings making it more stable IMO. Used on AMX for about 2 years now.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (hpk.sma - 109469 views - 1.9 KB)
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2004 , 18:32  
Reply With Quote #2

Just a suggestion but are you going to be making this more universal for the mutli lingal ablities .20 has after it becomes final and released?

cgountanis
Old 09-25-2004 , 18:38  
Reply With Quote #3

i dont see the need for multi lingual anything. hpk gets rid of the over sea players most of the time. if they are plaing a 20 ping in Chicago and cant speak english i feel sorry for them.

if someone wants to update fine but it works 100% right now with small simple foot print and that is my goal.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 09-25-2004 , 18:41  
Reply With Quote #4

Na

What I am saying is you could use the mutli lingaul things for the text messages. such as [HPK] Blah Blah blah.

That what if you had a language file someone could translate into thier native language and use it on there server.

Anyways it was just a suggestion .

I am going to use it reguardless.

cgountanis
Old 09-25-2004 , 19:27  
Reply With Quote #5

well i dont know the new system that well and i dont want to through some bugs in something that has worked flawlessly for so long. i will read up on it soon.

thanks!
Supernewbie
Old 09-26-2004 , 12:40  
Reply With Quote #6

i noticed that there is no delay for the ping check. usually when players.. rejoin the server after a map change their ping is usually high but will settle down after some time.

The problem exists more frequently on servers hosting 32 players as well as servers running multiple mods e.g SH mod.

So a hpk_delay could be really useful if lets say a admin hosting a 32 player server with SH mod with hpk setting

HIGHPING_MAX = 120
HIGHPING_TIME = 10
HIGHPING_TESTS = 3

the delay function would be extremely useful in this suituation? no?

Thanks.
cgountanis
Old 09-26-2004 , 13:07  
Reply With Quote #7

there is

set_task(30.0, "showWarn", id, param, 1)

waits 30 seconds before even starting. thought of that

also you should make test time higher than 10 seconds and more than 2 checks before action. i dont want to be kicking people for a server spike or something. if you noticed the min settings are 15 and 4 no matter what you set it to lower than that as catch all.
rasvan
Old 09-26-2004 , 14:53  
Reply With Quote #8

Crashes on CS15 Linux Server.
Works great on CS16 server.

Could you, please, make it for CS15 ?

Thank you.
Send a message via Yahoo to rasvan
cgountanis
Old 09-26-2004 , 15:18  
Reply With Quote #9

i dont know if old amx has funtion called client_putinserver i think if you change client_putinserver to client_connect it might work if compiled with old amx includes and compiler. i dont have the time or old files to do that. moving on...

what version of amxx are you running on your cs 1.5 server cause technically this should work on anything.
BigBaller
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2004 , 15:24  
Reply With Quote #10

Why are you still running a 1.5 server to begin with?

The only version that he could possibly be using is .16 because .20 removed WON support.