Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009

Post New Thread Reply   

Schmoopy
Old 04-14-2009 , 12:25   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #101

Yea it works, but the sm_enemychat still doesn't seem to do anything. If I go spectator then it works and the text shows up in green and when players are dead it does also. But if I'm on a team then I can only see my team and players who are dead :S
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2009 , 15:24   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #102

You mean in the chat?
I'll check it out.
Schmoopy
Old 04-14-2009 , 16:25   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #103

It's ok, it seems to be working now - maybe it's since your latest fix. No need to worry
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2009 , 19:01   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #104

Enemy chat worked for me, I was wondering why peoples chat was dark green. Its set to on be default.

sirmoe
Old 04-16-2009 , 05:12   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #105

Think there might be something wrong with the flags, its not reading permission levels correctly were the old version was.
DontWannaName
Veteran Member
Old 04-16-2009 , 16:47   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #106

Did you upgrade to the new version...

strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 05-15-2009 , 23:01   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #107

Updated.
Added Admin Only voice channel.

Use either the submitted .smx or copy the inc file to scripts/include and then compile the plugin, yourself.

Thanks to 166MMX for figuring out why SetClientListening didn't work.

Binds for Admin Only channel:

Code:
alias "+admintalk" "admin_voice 1; +voicerecord"
alias "-admintalk" "-voicerecord; admin_voice 0"
bind "x" "+admintalk"
Remember to reboot the server after installing the plugin.
rlshky
Old 05-16-2009 , 19:23   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #108

a few quick questions:
Is the new admin channel a toggle like your player alltalk or is it another mic button?

I haven't updated to the one you posted last night but about 3 days ago I updated to the version you had previously from one that I installed back in march and I also added your player alltalk plugin. When I did this I noticed some differences with the 'talk to server feature'. Before 'talk to server' wouldn't turn on the 'enemy voice comms' but after I updated and added the player alltalk feature it does. I personally would like to have to turn on the 'enemy voice comms' so that I'm not listening to the other team every time I use talk to server.

So basically the 'talk to server' used to be just like the player alltalk plugin but now it seems to turn on the enemy voice comms too. Was this intentional or is it a problem I'm just experiencing on my server?
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 05-16-2009 , 20:58   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #109

The two plugins shouldn't really be on the server together since one will interfere with the other. I'll look at integrating the player all talk one, sometime.

The Admin Only Channel in this plugin works by preventing all other players listening in on admin chat - there is only one comms channel, but you can affect the way people listen to each other. Each time the bind is used, is cycles through each player, preventing non-admins from listening in. When the bind is released, everything is returned to normal.

So, yup, it would be another mic button. For example, my normal mic button is Q while my Admin mic button is X
rlshky
Old 05-16-2009 , 22:32   Re: Admin Sentinel - Monitor all server voice comms- Updated 4-APR-2009
Reply With Quote #110

oh okay... I read how they might interfere with eachother but I figured it meant that an admin shouldn't try to use both methods to talk to all but as long as admins stuck w/ just the sentinel method then normal players should be fine with the other.

Also, what flag does the admin only channel use to determine which admins hear what you're saying?

Thanks again!!!