Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Simple maplister but it also lists workshop maps
    Old 11-24-2019 , 10:50   AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #1

AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)

This is a simple maplister plugin but it list workshop maps (that are located at maps/workshop/some greate number/map.bsp), this plugin is useful to write maplists automatically with simple commands (write entire maplist to mapcycle.txt for example)

Commands

sm_maplist <filter: optional>: Prints a map list satisfying the optionally specified filter to the user that executed the command.
    sm_writemaplist < file> <filter: optional>: Outputs a map list satisfying the optionally specified filter to the file specified.

Source Code / Support / Suggestions
    Direct Download
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 11-25-2019 , 03:44   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #2

Oh I like this a lot. It has been annoying for me to copy and paste the same changes in mapcycle.txt, maplist.txt, and adminmenu_maplist.ini.

Suggestions:
    1. Allow us to create a map list by adding maps one at a time (and also remove from list if we change our mind about adding a map).
      • Add a way to see this list, similar to sm_maplist, so we know what our new list looks like before we save it.
    2. Allow us to add or remove maps from the existing map list at path.
      • Either read that file first, create a list in the script, and then overwrite when you are done making changes, or
      • Append new maps to the file if they are not duplicate, and remove existing maps from the file if they exist.
    3. Allow us (in a config?) to add multiple paths, so that we can write the command once and it will automatically change the files at all of the locations I have included in the config. Maybe in path parameter, we can write "all" so that you know we want to write to all paths in the config.
      • This one is useful because it can let us allow admins who do not know the paths to edit maplist
    4. For workshop maps only, allow us to add maps that do not exist in /maps/ by making sure that the server allows downloading from workshop (they need to have "ds_get_newest_subscribed_files" in server config).
      • This one might be hard, I'm not sure how you would make sure that the server successfully downloaded the map or if it failed for many reasons.
    AbNeR_CSS
    Old 11-25-2019 , 06:07   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
    Oh I like this a lot. It has been annoying for me to copy and paste the same changes in mapcycle.txt, maplist.txt, and adminmenu_maplist.ini.

Suggestions:
    1. Allow us to create a map list by adding maps one at a time (and also remove from list if we change our mind about adding a map).
      • Add a way to see this list, similar to sm_maplist, so we know what our new list looks like before we save it.
      • Either read that file first, create a list in the script, and then overwrite when you are done making changes, or
      • Append new maps to the file if they are not duplicate, and remove existing maps from the file if they exist.
    3. Allow us (in a config?) to add multiple paths, so that we can write the command once and it will automatically change the files at all of the locations I have included in the config. Maybe in path parameter, we can write "all" so that you know we want to write to all paths in the config.
      • This one is useful because it can let us allow admins who do not know the paths to edit maplist
    4. For workshop maps only, allow us to add maps that do not exist in /maps/ by making sure that the server allows downloading from workshop (they need to have "ds_get_newest_subscribed_files" in server config).
      • This one might be hard, I'm not sure how you would make sure that the server successfully downloaded the map or if it failed for many reasons.
    Thank you for your feedback, could you please open an issue in GitHub with that information?
    https://github.com/abnerfs/maplister/issues
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-25-2019 , 13:08   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Effeff View Post

Suggestions:
    You could just make the path for the default maplist.cfg and edit the path to all be targeted to default. That way you only need to edit mapcycle.txt and everything gets updated. Workshop maps get automatically updated if these two commands are in your server.cfg/ or whatever default cfg file you have loaded on restart/map change.

Commands:
    sv_broadcast_ugc_downloads <0|1>
    sv_broadcast_ugc_download_progress_interval <seconds>

Read more here:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...rver_Operators

Don't really see a purpose for this plugin when everything can be done by default.

Edit: The benefit I do see is the filter, but that's really it

Last edited by DruGzOG; 11-25-2019 at 13:18.
    Send a message via AIM to DruGzOG
    AbNeR_CSS
    Old 11-25-2019 , 15:55   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
    You could just make the path for the default maplist.cfg and edit the path to all be targeted to default. That way you only need to edit mapcycle.txt and everything gets updated. Workshop maps get automatically updated if these two commands are in your server.cfg/ or whatever default cfg file you have loaded on restart/map change.

Commands:
    sv_broadcast_ugc_downloads <0|1>
    sv_broadcast_ugc_download_progress_interval <seconds>

Read more here:
    https://developer.valvesoftware.com/...rver_Operators

Don't really see a purpose for this plugin when everything can be done by default.

Edit: The benefit I do see is the filter, but that's really it
    Does mapcycle get auto updated using those cvars?
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-25-2019 , 16:07   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbNeR_CSS View Post
    Does mapcycle get auto updated using those cvars?
    No. If you look in the link provided, you'd have to manually add them but its easy when your server downloads them and displays the map id and name. Takes less than a minute.

I guess you can do it this way as well with your plugin, although I'm not sure if your plugin constantly overrides the mapcycle for each time your commands are run, cause there are instances where I end up deleting the map ids from collection or cycle and it's still not deleted from workshop.
    Old 11-25-2019 , 16:12   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DruGzOG View Post
    No. If you look in the link provided, you'd have to manually add them but its easy when your server downloads them and displays the map id and name. Takes less than a minute.

I guess you can do it this way as well with your plugin, although I'm not sure if your plugin constantly overrides the mapcycle for each time your commands are run, cause there are instances where I end up deleting the map ids from collection or cycle and it's still not deleted from workshop.
    So the plugin purpose is update mapcycle through a console command rather than update it manually, even though it's fast you still have to access the file (sometimes connect to ftp, not so fast) and edit it. Yeah the plugin overrides mapcycle each time you run the command
    Veteran Member
    Old 11-27-2019 , 10:05   Re: AbNeR MapLister (Workshop ready)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AbNeR_CSS View Post
    So the plugin purpose is update mapcycle through a console command rather than update it manually, even though it's fast you still have to access the file (sometimes connect to ftp, not so fast) and edit it. Yeah the plugin overrides mapcycle each time you run the command
    So not much different from this really, right? https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2081908