Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Create Edict Fixer.

Post New Thread Reply   

Dr!fter
The Salt Boss
Old 06-07-2012 , 12:36   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual77 View Post
That's good to hear.

Not sure what you mean with it being an issue. I just thought it was weird that the obv loaded on L4D2 because you usually get errors when you try to load .dll's that
are compiled for different engines like in this case. Either way, good that you guys found the cause to that crash
It loads but probably would crash at some point since l4d2 doesn't use the same function for edict. Which is why it was crashing on l4d2 gpGlobals wasn't getting set. As mentioned by silvers this isn't even an issue afaik in l4d2. The main problem is on big servers with lots of entities. CS:S Zombie mod with 60 players for example.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-08-2012 , 11:12   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #32

Well my server is 20 slots with map rotation and almost full 24/7 and I've been having crashes upon reaching the 2048 limit. happens after some time though and I got plugins that spawns a lot of items and deals with a lot of entities/edicts so what Silvers says is not completly true. It's not an issue on the normal 4-8 slot servers. (vanilla servers). remember that l4d/2 was created for 8 players only so the chance of reaching that 2048 limit would be very low.

Last edited by Visual77; 06-08-2012 at 15:37.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-08-2012 , 15:20   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #33

By the way, what's the current edict limit in TF2? I vaguely remember they had to bump it up a year or two ago due to changes to the game making cp_steel crash every time it was loaded due to running out of edicts.
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-08-2012 , 15:30   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
By the way, what's the current edict limit in TF2? I vaguely remember they had to bump it up a year or two ago due to changes to the game making cp_steel crash every time it was loaded due to running out of edicts.
It's still 2047, they made changes to the maps instead of investigating the issue.
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-09-2012 , 15:20   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
It's still 2047, they made changes to the maps instead of investigating the issue.
The issue with steel was stringtable overflow (for model precaching), not reaching the entity limit.

They increased the size of the string table.
Silvers
SourceMod Plugin Approver
Old 06-09-2012 , 16:39   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
The issue with steel was stringtable overflow (for model precaching), not reaching the entity limit.

They increased the size of the string table.
Is it possible to increase the size of the string table with MM/SM? This seems an issue with L4D2. Or is that stuff client side related/also?

BAFFLED
Old 06-09-2012 , 16:56   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvers View Post
Is it possible to increase the size of the string table with MM/SM? This seems an issue with L4D2. Or is that stuff client side related/also?
Can't increase it. It uses hardcoded array sizes on both client and server.
adrianman
Old 06-10-2012 , 17:09   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #38

check out map c6m1_riverbank in l4d2,if you play it for a bit,then vote to restart the campaign/map the server will crash with the no free edicts error,same goes for scavenge on the same map,as soon as the round ends for both teams i think,but it happens. Did valve forgot to clean up edicts on round end there?

Last edited by adrianman; 06-10-2012 at 17:10.
Visual77
Veteran Member
Old 06-15-2012 , 02:13   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleS View Post
Drifter debugged your issue last night and sent me a compiled binary for L4D2 (and the source). However, with this being said, I've yet to recompile for OB.

Are you sure this is even an issue under L4D2?
Can we atleast test it? L4D2 might just run more smooth for me with it.
I didn't see much of a differense with the SM extension. Maybe because of CreateEdict being different on l4d.

Last edited by Visual77; 06-15-2012 at 02:16.
daleGEND
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-15-2012 , 06:30   Re: Create Edict Fixer.
Reply With Quote #40

For some odd reason this broke Zombie Reloaded so that when a Zombie was spawned they could not infect others. Anyone else experience this issue?

Feel free to add me on STEAM as well: https://steamcommunity.com/id/b0r3d