12% 

[TF2] Player Ranks

Post New Thread Reply   

Aderic
Old 09-14-2014 , 12:13   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobis View Post
You mean that the "top" command here is not displayed to all players? So make it so and for the other chat commands too!
No what I'm saying is.. without the triggers "!" or "\" a player would be able to send the word and it be treated like a command.
Old 09-15-2014 , 13:44   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #182

I recently discovered that your plugin causes lag spikes in my server in a fixed interval of 30 seconds , so I was forced to unload it, what is wrong with the plugin?

Last edited by bobis; 09-15-2014 at 13:45.
Aderic
Old 09-15-2014 , 15:43   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #183

Quote:
I recently discovered that your plugin causes lag spikes in my server in a fixed interval of 30 seconds , so I was forced to unload it, what is wrong with the plugin?
It's not the plugin; I'm hearing it's happening with many plugins which seem to use SQL.
You answered your own question in this post. You stated two additional plugins with the issue.

As far as lag spikes are concerned, it could possibly be the recent SourceMod builds; 1.6 and 1.7.

I have not experienced any lag whatsoever. Are you using SQLite or MySQL?

Last edited by Aderic; 09-15-2014 at 15:48.
bobis
Old 09-15-2014 , 18:25   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #184

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderic View Post
It's not the plugin; I'm hearing it's happening with many plugins which seem to use SQL.
You answered your own question in this post. You stated two additional plugins with the issue.

As far as lag spikes are concerned, it could possibly be the recent SourceMod builds; 1.6 and 1.7.

I have not experienced any lag whatsoever. Are you using SQLite or MySQL?
Sorry I am a bit noob right here, because I don't know what SQL is, how to tell which one I have? Anyway, if you want some info , I can tell you that there is a folder inside addons/sourcemod/data which name is sqlite and includes some .sq3 files like playerranks.sq3. Do I need to delete them in order to fix or it is more complicated than that?

Last edited by bobis; 09-15-2014 at 18:26.
Aderic
Old 09-15-2014 , 20:18   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #185

Quote:
Sorry I am a bit noob right here, because I don't know what SQL is, how to tell which one I have? Anyway, if you want some info , I can tell you that there is a folder inside addons/sourcemod/data which name is sqlite and includes some .sq3 files like playerranks.sq3. Do I need to delete them in order to fix or it is more complicated than that?
The situation is much more complicated than that.

You use SQLite which leads me to assume that these more recent SourceMod builds have done something to SQLite.

You could do one of the following:
  1. Change pr_updateinterval to a higher value. Every "update interval" the top player listing is refreshed and each connected player has their score saved. This shouldn't fix the problem 100%, but the lag spikes you mentioned should be less frequent.
  2. Completely unload this plugin and wait for a newer SM build. The issue that has surfaced goes beyond this plugin and is in SourceMod itself. I am unable to fix it.
  3. Switch to MySQL. I don't believe anyone using MySQL has reported lag spikes. The trend seems to be SQLite users running SM 1.6+.

Last edited by Aderic; 09-15-2014 at 20:20.
bifurcator
Old 11-04-2014 , 19:14   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #186

How do I turn off bonus points for killing an admin? I've set pr_rewardadmin to 0, but the message still comes up and rewards 0.10 points.

Thanks

*EDIT* Seems it rewards some points for killing any admin with the h or z flags, regardless of the setting.

Last edited by bifurcator; 11-05-2014 at 00:15.
Aderic
Old 11-27-2014 , 16:54   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #187

An update has been released for 3.3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bifurcator View Post
How do I turn off bonus points for killing an admin? I've set pr_rewardadmin to 0, but the message still comes up and rewards 0.10 points.

Thanks

*EDIT* Seems it rewards some points for killing any admin with the h or z flags, regardless of the setting.
Fixed.

Last edited by Aderic; 11-27-2014 at 16:54.
Teamkiller324
Old 12-04-2014 , 15:18   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #188

Hello Aderic, i could ask you if you could add a command for custom name than " [Player Ranks] " to an example " [test] you earned 1.00 points for capturing a point " with command sm_pr_prefix <what name you want>. also, good luck with your project & i wish you merry christmas!
Aderic
Old 12-04-2014 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamkiller324 View Post
Hello Aderic, i could ask you if you could add a command for custom name than " [Player Ranks] " to an example " [test] you earned 1.00 points for capturing a point " with command sm_pr_prefix <what name you want>. also, good luck with your project & i wish you merry christmas!
That is the name of the plugin, I don't know why anyone would want to debrand this plugin. The plugin does not write advertisements or make references to other servers.

If you really want to do it, you'll have to edit PLUGIN_PREFIX in the source and change it. That is an unreasonable request if you ask me though. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-05-2014 , 09:51   Re: [TF2] Player Ranks
Reply With Quote #190

Thanks for the reply, Aderic!. also, thank you for the help of the chattag, it could be possible to code a plugin for it that adds the "sm_pr_chattag" as an example to this plugin. anyways, merry christmas!