Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Adds a sound and visual effect when a cloaked spy is discovered.
    Old 10-18-2014 , 19:44   [TF2] Discovered Effect
    Reply With Quote #1

Just an update: I no longer run servers, therefore I do not have an environment to continue updating my plugins. If you would like to take over development of one of my plugins, feel free to do so.

What does this plugin do?

Plays the ALERT! sound from Metal Gear Solid and shows an exclamation mark over the spy's head when bumped into or damaged.

Who is it for?
    The very non-serious.

How does it work?
    The effect plays when a Spy *flickers* from being damaged or bumped into while cloaked.

CVARs
    Quote:
    sm_discovered_version - Current version of the plugin. Read Only
    sm_discovered_bump_cooldown - Amount of seconds required to elapse for effect.
    sm_discovered_bump_enabled - If 1, bumping into a cloaked spy will play the effect
    sm_discovered_shout_range - Distance required to detect a spy using the spy shout. Set to 0 to disable.
    sm_discovered_shout_cooldown - Amount of seconds required to elapse to shout spy to detect.
    Changelog:
    Quote:
    Version 1.0 - Initial release.
    Version 1.1 - Bumping into a player while cloaked now honors player FOV and determines whether the effect should be played or not based off of this.
    Added spy detection by shouting spy along with a cooldown and distance CVAR.
    Version 1.2 - Added CVAR to disable effect playing if bumped into a cloaked spy.
    Install instructions
    1. Click Get Plugin next to discovered_effect.sp to download the plugin.
    2. Move discovered_effect.smx into your sourcemod/plugins folder.
    3. Download required.zip and extract it to your fastDL, clients MUST be able to download these files.
    4. Change the map or restart the server, do NOT load the plugin manually after installing.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip required.zip (33.2 KB, 536 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (discovered_effect.sp - 1216 views - 9.4 KB)

Last edited by Aderic; 10-19-2016 at 16:20. Reason: No longer active! Sorry, should have updated sooner.