Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

seDirector [7.4.4] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & more

Post New Thread Reply   

asheroto
Old 05-25-2023 , 22:55   Re: seDirector [7.2.3] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewintersoldier97 View Post
Hi Asheroto, I don't know if this is a bug or not, but recently when the L4D2 server I'm running crashed, it will stuck in a endless loop "Crashed by closing" showing in seDirector server log. I've attached it below, please take a look.
This is on v7.2.3.
Hello,

I may have already messaged you about this over e-mail, if so, you can ignore! :-)

We're not very active on the forum. Discord is our main support location.

The "Crashed by closing" error is something related to the server itself, probably not seDirector. If you run the server manually (Troubleshoot > Run server without seDirector) does it still happen? If so, it's probably a server issue. Generally you can try it without addons or SourceMod plugins and then add them back one by one to find the issue. The server window itself should show the error, too, or in the server log itself.

Last edited by asheroto; 05-25-2023 at 22:55.
asheroto
Old 05-25-2023 , 22:56   Re: seDirector [7.2.5] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #172

Version 7.2.5
- Fixed bug with API that could cause seDirector to crash
Old 06-02-2023 , 12:32   Re: seDirector [7.2.5] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by tesstboss View Post
I'm having a problem, no windows 10 version 1903 or the installer won't open ...
Win 10 version 1903 reached end of service in Dec 2020 which basically means Microsoft isn't supporting that version anymore. Might need to update Windows?

Other possibilities:
- Do you get any error messages? If you open Event Viewer are there any messages under 'Application' or 'System' when searching for 'seDirector'
- Do you have .NET Framework installed? The installer should install that, but if your computer is really out of date it might not like it.
- Sometimes anti-virus doesn't like it. This problem just started happening after some recent updates. If you disable AV and are able to install, it's a false positive detection. Let me know what AV software you have and I will report it as a false positive.

Let me know if you still have trouble. ��

Last edited by asheroto; 06-02-2023 at 12:33.
asheroto
Old 08-01-2023 , 14:22   Re: seDirector [7.2.5] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #174

Version 7.3.0
- Added ability to change API port
- Added detection to prevent an invalid port from being entered
- Improved API port functionality, now detects if port is in use and logs to sedirector_error.log
- Improved restart functionality when changing languages, servers will now remain running
- Less lag when starting seDirector
- Optimized code
- "Check" port function to check if a server's port is already being used
- Troubleshooting now checks both TCP and UDP ports
- Updated translations
- Pending Update now shows blue icon instead of red
- Added force restart if more than 90 seconds has passed since a restart request (avoids failure when exiting server)
- Added force update if more than 90 seconds has passed since an update request (avoids failure when exiting server)
- Team Fortress 2 Classic install through Create Server is temporarily disabled, will be fixed in the next few days before 2023-08-08

Last edited by asheroto; 08-01-2023 at 14:22.
mangamonster
Old 08-07-2023 , 06:27   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #175

maybe add a change log or something ..

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 08-21-2023 at 20:45. Reason: Removed advertising
asheroto
Old 08-07-2023 , 12:59   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #176

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamonster View Post
maybe add a change log or something ..
Above the download link > Release Notes
or
seDirector.net > Release Notes

Last edited by DarkDeviL; 08-21-2023 at 20:45. Reason: Removed advertising from quote
Pala4
Old 09-01-2023 , 02:55   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #177

Good afternoon, recently I noticed that the cs go and tf2 servers are not updated, even if I enable validation, the servers are not updated anyway. Program version 7.3.2 Even if you delete the folder with maps from the server and then run the update, the seDirector will not download the maps and will not update the server.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img-2023-09-01-09-53-10.png
Views:	36
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	201471  

Last edited by Pala4; 09-01-2023 at 03:18.
asheroto
Old 09-01-2023 , 11:16   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pala4 View Post
Good afternoon, recently I noticed that the cs go and tf2 servers are not updated, even if I enable validation, the servers are not updated anyway. Program version 7.3.2 Even if you delete the folder with maps from the server and then run the update, the seDirector will not download the maps and will not update the server.
Thanks for reporting the issue. It looks like Valve updated the way that SteamCMD works and it needs an adjustment to its command line. We've used the same command line for awhile now without issue, so it must be an update that changed it. I will update this later today and let you know when I do.

Last edited by asheroto; 09-01-2023 at 11:16.
asheroto
Old 09-06-2023 , 00:52   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #179

Sorry for the delay on this! It had been updated but not announced on the forums.

Version 7.3.1 - Released 2023-08-03
- Fixed Server Properties background color issue
- Fixed sizing of Browse button in Server Properties for other languages
- Fixed sizing of RCON Password field in Server Properties for other languages
- Fixed problem when creating start menu & desktop shortcuts
- Improved API error logging
- Changed default API port to 20447 to avoid conflicts (will not change port for existing users unless you click Use Default Port)
- Updated form icon for seDirector_Updater.exe

Version 7.3.2 - Released 2023-08-11
- Fixed bug causing Manage Subscription button to be disabled for free users that have an account
- Fixed bug in Options where default port not being automatically filled in for new installations of seDirector

Version 7.3.3 - Released 2023-09-05
- Changed "versions" to "editions" in compare free/pro screen
- Added Wiki to Help menu
- Changed hotkeys in Help menu
- Fixed bug when "Validate update every time" is checked causing server not to fully validate when updating
Old 09-06-2023 , 00:55   Re: seDirector [7.3.1] - Windows srcds manager, auto-updater, crash notifications & m
Reply With Quote #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pala4 View Post
Hey wanted to let you know this has been fixed as of version 7.3.3.