Little Help Learning

Post New Thread Reply   

Ezekiel
Old 03-21-2004 , 06:18  
Reply With Quote #21

with this:

Code:
register_cvar("amx_scoreratio","1")

can i change the '1' for a '%d' and then sub the value from a previously defined var?

Code:
register_cvar("amx_scoreratio","%d", RATIO)

for example
IceMouse[WrG]
Old 03-21-2004 , 12:16  
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezekiel
still by K : D ratio, which is how i rate scores in my head, its less than 1:1, which is poor. no ones ever gonna reach 10k kills either.
One day someone might get bored on a 24/7 dust server... And don't say "Well I would never run a 24/7 dust," because if you're releasing it you have to make sure...
If you want then you can make a cvar for what type to use...
Anyhow back to your question...
Code:
#DEFINE RATIO "1" register_cvar("amx_scoreratio",RATIO)
Send a message via AIM to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via MSN to IceMouse[WrG] Send a message via Yahoo to IceMouse[WrG]
Ezekiel
Old 03-23-2004 , 13:49  
Reply With Quote #23

getting the cvar stuff sorted. but for now i want to check this. it seems that the plugin only works once...

Code:
/* AMX Mod script * * (c) 2004, Ezekiel * This file is provided as is (no warranties). * * A plugin that will generate a value based on player kill minus player deaths * and kick if this value is below a certain value. * * Players with immunity won't be checked */ #include <amxmod> new RATIO = -5 // the number kills-deaths has to equal or be smaller than for the user to be kicked and banned new MINPLAYERS = 12 // number of players to be on server before plugin works new BANTIME = 60 // amount of time to ban people for (minutes) public plugin_init() {     register_plugin("Low Skill Kicker","1.0","Ezekiel")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public client_disconnect(id) {     remove_task(id)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public client_putinserver(id){     new param[1]     param[0] = id     set_task(60.0, "checkScore", id, param, 1) } kickPlayer(id) {     new name[32]     get_user_name(id, name, 31)     new uID = get_user_userid(id)     server_cmd("banid %d #%d", BANTIME, uID)     client_cmd(id, "echo ^"Sorry but you don't have a high enough score^"; disconnect")     client_print(0, print_chat, "%s was disconnected due to being shite!", name)     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE } public checkScore(param[]) {    new id = param[0]    if ((get_user_flags(id) & ADMIN_RESERVATION)) {       remove_task(id)       client_print(id, print_chat, "Score checking disabled due to immunity...you'd best not be shite! ")       return PLUGIN_CONTINUE    }    new PLAYERS = get_playersnum()    if ( PLAYERS >= MINPLAYERS) {       new FRAGS = get_user_frags(id)       new DEATHS = get_user_deaths(id)       new KD = FRAGS - DEATHS       if (KD <= RATIO)       {          kickPlayer(id)          return PLUGIN_CONTINUE       }       else {          return PLUGIN_CONTINUE       }    }    else {       return PLUGIN_CONTINUE    }    return PLUGIN_CONTINUE }

would be cos of this part wouldnt it?

Code:
set_task(Float:time,const function[],id = 0,parameter[]="",len = 0,flags[]="", repeat = 0);

am not too sure how to use that properly, as much of it is less than clear to me.