Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Bots

Post New Thread Reply   

wortkotze
Old 08-23-2006 , 11:38   Bots
Reply With Quote #1

Hi
i'd like to add some bots, but i use the stripper plugin and so the rounds never ends and the bots don't disappear if a user joins.

any idea?

thx
steve
Send a message via ICQ to wortkotze
LyteFly
Old 08-23-2006 , 18:16   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #2

Due to CS:S DM's one round method, that's how Bots work. Just the way it is. I do have a solution for you. Sent you a PM.
Old 08-24-2006 , 13:48   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #3

Try

bot_auto_vacate 1
Old 08-24-2006 , 14:55   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #4

ichthys,

CS Source used to manipulate bots (bot_quota_mode = fill, bot_auto_vacate = 1) during a round. Now it only does it at round end. Simply does not work with the one round scenario in CS:S DM. You can fire bot_quota during a round however to force bots to join or leave. I have a scriptpack that handles this. I will not discuss it any further in Bail's forum. If anyone is interested, send me a PM.

LyteFly

Last edited by LyteFly; 08-24-2006 at 15:13.
ichthys
Veteran Member
Old 08-24-2006 , 23:50   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #5

I dont manage a server so I dont really know about this. But I'm pretty sure I've seen bots leave mid round. (hmm this could be when players spawn a few seconds into the round)
Old 08-25-2006 , 07:39   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #6

You are correct. There is a brief window immediately after round start where they will leave. After that though, no go.
Old 08-25-2006 , 08:44   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #7

Actualy i use a script with matti's evenscripts by using the player_activate.cfg to kick bots when the 9th player comes or at the automatic restart after a time of warmup if the number of total players is greather than 9; that's the only way i found ; i also use a bot_quota 4 to always keep 4 bots playing on the server even if there is no real player.
LyteFly
Old 08-25-2006 , 09:10   Re: Bots
Reply With Quote #8

Mine is a scriptpack as well, just a bit more sophisticated. It provides bot_quota_mode = fill, bot_auto_vacate = 1 functionality just like normal CS. In your scenario with bot_quota = 4, when a real player joins a bot will leave and this will continue until real players = bot_quota. After that all bots will be gone. And if real players leave dropping below the bot_quota set in the script, bots will return. And they leave or join the appropriate team keeping teams balanced.