Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

8+ L4D2 player lobby?

Post New Thread Reply   

Eocene
Old 09-26-2021 , 10:15   8+ L4D2 player lobby?
Reply With Quote #1

Hi,

I run a dedicated L4D2 coop server (eocene.on.vg:27015)

Up until recently, the server supported 8 slots. I use a Steam workshop mod to allow for 8 player coop lobbies, which works fine.

However, due to popular demand, I upgraded the amount of slots to 12. I configured ABM to allow up to 12 players. The first 8 players can join via the lobby, but the rest can only connect via the in-game console. If they try to join via invitation or other means the game tells them the server is full, despite clearly showing there are slots available.

Steam also won't assign any random players beyond 8.

I suspect this is because we launch games using the 8 player lobby mod. So I now use a 32-player lobby mod instead (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=2002349222), but it's functionally identical to the 8 player one.

My provider charges quite a bit for the four extra slots, which I would to keep regardless.

So, what do I need to to make it fully work with more than 8 players?

Thanks in advance
thewintersoldier97
Old 09-27-2021 , 00:25   Re: 8+ L4D2 player lobby?
Reply With Quote #2

That's what it is I'm afraid, the lobby can only have 8p at a time, I too have tried "32-p lobby" but no luck. Extra players can connect easily by the classic server browser though, or you can create a Steam group and your server will show up in the "Steam Group Server" section for your members to join in.