[ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu

Post New Thread Reply   

eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-04-2019 , 06:09   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlov420 View Post
Interested in testing this plugin but both the "Get Plugin" version and the pre-compiled .smx require Updater to be on the server or AdvancedRules.smx won't load.

Code:
L 03/04/2019 - 05:51:26: [SM] Unable to load plugin "AdvancedRules.smx": Could not find required plugin "updater"

I know you mentioned this in the OP but could you please remove the requirement of updater, at least make it optional and have the plugin load without it? I would like to test this plugin but it's not worth having to edit the .sp to remove updater and recompile every time you make a bug fix.
Done. Just press "Get Plugin" to remove Updater support

Discord: Eyal282#1334

Last edited by eyal282; 03-04-2019 at 07:41.
OneMore
Old 03-07-2019 , 15:10   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #12

Can you please change the command "!rules" to another one? We use GunGame mode and it uses the same command to show GunGame rules.

Last edited by OneMore; 03-07-2019 at 15:12.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2019 , 15:28   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMore View Post
Can you please change the command "!rules" to another one? We use GunGame mode and it uses the same command to show GunGame rules.

No, server rules is a more prioritized thing. !info should be kept for gameplay information.

Last edited by eyal282; 03-07-2019 at 15:33.
OneMore
Old 03-07-2019 , 16:13   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyal282 View Post
No, server rules is a more prioritized thing. !info should be kept for gameplay information.
It is not me who programmed GunGame mode. It is a ready-made plugin which overrides "!rules" command. I would be happy to use your plugin because we need to show server riles to our players. But it looks like I can't

By the way, is it possible to have rules in separate *.ini or *.cfg file? I mean it is so difficult to manage them from chat or console...
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-07-2019 , 17:10   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
It is not me who programmed GunGame mode. It is a ready-made plugin which overrides "!rules" command. I would be happy to use your plugin because we need to show server riles to our players. But it looks like I can't

By the way, is it possible to have rules in separate *.ini or *.cfg file? I mean it is so difficult to manage them from chat or console...
It's already done like that, just look at addons/sourcemod/configs/rules.cfg

Add 2 rules from game to understand the way it works
Just find "sm_rules" in one of the codes and edit it to sm_info / sm_serverrules depending on what plugin you edit.

Last edited by eyal282; 03-07-2019 at 17:58.
OneMore
Old 03-08-2019 , 07:53   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Add 2 rules from game to understand the way it works
To be honest, it's a bit tricky how to use the plugin in the game to add rules I tried and failed

May I ask you to publish here an example of Rules.cfg? I will edit my file accordingly.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-08-2019 , 10:46   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #17

Here's myGaming's rules, a L4D2 server.

You should remove the "last_edit" to use the current date, otherwise it'll mess stuff up, or alternatively use The current unix timestamp of this second
Attached Files
File Type: cfg Rules.cfg (2.7 KB, 196 views)

Last edited by eyal282; 03-08-2019 at 10:48.
OneMore
Old 03-08-2019 , 19:51   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Here's myGaming's rules, a L4D2 server.
[/url]
Many thanks! I set everything up and will test the plugin a couple of days.

Please consider my suggestions:
1. Would you please start using "phrases.txt" as soon as possible? I understand English. However other admins on our server don't. So I had to translate right inside the source code and recompile it. For sure you know that an update will be a headache I can help with translation to Russian.

2. You have quite a lot of code to manage rules (add, delete) inside the game. From my point of view, it is very inconvenient It is much easier to prepare rules in file Rules.cfg and upload them to the server. Would you please consider the plugin logic from this point of view?

3. I set "cvar" not to force players to accept rules. Almost all our players are correct, and I don't want to bother them. However, if an admin decides to force a player to see rules (sm_showrules), it would be logically correct to force him to accept the rules at this moment. The player forced to see rules shouldn't have a possibility to close them without acceptance.

Thanks for your work. This plugin is exactly what we want on our server.
eyal282
Veteran Member
Old 03-09-2019 , 05:57   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Many thanks! I set everything up and will test the plugin a couple of days.

Please consider my suggestions:
1. Would you please start using "phrases.txt" as soon as possible? I understand English. However other admins on our server don't. So I had to translate right inside the source code and recompile it. For sure you know that an update will be a headache I can help with translation to Russian.

2. You have quite a lot of code to manage rules (add, delete) inside the game. From my point of view, it is very inconvenient It is much easier to prepare rules in file Rules.cfg and upload them to the server. Would you please consider the plugin logic from this point of view?

3. I set "cvar" not to force players to accept rules. Almost all our players are correct, and I don't want to bother them. However, if an admin decides to force a player to see rules (sm_showrules), it would be logically correct to force him to accept the rules at this moment. The player forced to see rules shouldn't have a possibility to close them without acceptance.

Thanks for your work. This plugin is exactly what we want on our server.
Only first idea is good. Your third idea will guarantee with 100% chance that every player being forced to this menu will lie and press accept to keep playing as fast as possible.

Second idea is plain stupid. If you don't want a feature, don't use it...

I'll work on your first idea though, note that it'll take a while since I'm struggling to figure out the best way of doing so.

Last edited by eyal282; 03-09-2019 at 05:58.
Mr. Man
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2019 , 15:16   Re: [ANY] BETA Advanced Rules Menu
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks for sharing - I've been looking for something that can replace a wall of text when it comes to showing in game commands. I used the other derivative you linked as a temp-fix method but hope this will work better.