79%   Almost there!

[L4D2] Super Tanks

Post New Thread Reply   

Diabolik001
Old 01-20-2021 , 12:34   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernecio View Post
In my opinion, this is a very nice plugin, but unfortunately it's only in its original version for L4D2, so make improvements to the Plugin so that it can run in both games while preserving all 16 types of Tanks in L4D2 and adding replacements Spitter Tank and Jockey Tank on L4D1, resulting in 16 types of Tanks for both games as well.
This Plugin has only been tested on SourceMod 1.10 with native function GetEntityRenderColor
(The list of changes is inside the file, it is written in Spanish)

Installation

1 - Click "Get Plugin" and put the "SuperTanks.smx" file into your server or game \addons\sourcemod\plugins\ folder.
2 - Click Get "SuperTanks.txt" file and put in \addons\sourcemod\gamedata folder
Hi Ernecio, the plugin works great but there is a problem with the tank shield and the tank hunter, the sound of the rock remains when it is launched and does not stop. There was a plugin that solved this function but I can't find it. Would you know how to turn off the sound of the wind when it throws the stone and remains persistent?
Balloons
Old 01-21-2021 , 01:20   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #302

TLS update seems to have affected this. Tanks used to immediately run towards players upon spawning but now they need to be at a certain distance or shot at before they start attacking.
Psyk0tik
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-21-2021 , 02:38   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
TLS update seems to have affected this. Tanks used to immediately run towards players upon spawning but now they need to be at a certain distance or shot at before they start attacking.
On finale maps this would be an issue, but on regular maps this is actually default behavior even prior to the TLS update. Over the years Iíve come to find out that there are some VScript mods out there that enable the AggressiveSpecials/cm_AggressiveSpecials key which causes Tanks to attack immediately no matter what map. On official dedicated servers, Tanks always spawn as idle on regular maps until they either see a survivor or is provoked (attacked) by one. On finale maps, they will always attack right away.
--
Get latest L4D/L4D2 gamedata signatures here.
--
PM me if you need help with finding signatures and/or offsets in the following games: L4D1&2/CSGO/TF2/NMRIH/INS/DODS/CSS/HL2DM
Balloons
Old 01-23-2021 , 19:25   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher_3637 View Post
On finale maps this would be an issue, but on regular maps this is actually default behavior even prior to the TLS update. Over the years Iíve come to find out that there are some VScript mods out there that enable the AggressiveSpecials/cm_AggressiveSpecials key which causes Tanks to attack immediately no matter what map. On official dedicated servers, Tanks always spawn as idle on regular maps until they either see a survivor or is provoked (attacked) by one. On finale maps, they will always attack right away.
In that case, would it be possible to use Silvers' VScript Replacer plugin to set the AggressiveSpecials key enabled for every map chapter? If so, which .nut file would have to be replaced?
yida318
Old 01-27-2021 , 05:01   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #305

Can additional health work along with other plugins that modify tank hp by number of player? I found that additional health in this plugin will be ignored and ended up every tank with the same health regardless of the type
Psyk0tik
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-27-2021 , 05:56   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balloons View Post
In that case, would it be possible to use Silvers' VScript Replacer plugin to set the AggressiveSpecials key enabled for every map chapter? If so, which .nut file would have to be replaced?
As far as I know, only mutation scripts and script mods would have that key present/enabled. If you're looking to add that key manually into the default script files, you will need to use RegEx to find any common patterns that can be found in all of those scripts and insert the key below them. In order to do any of this, you'll need to know which scripts to modify, and sadly, I don't have the answer to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yida318 View Post
Can additional health work along with other plugins that modify tank hp by number of player? I found that additional health in this plugin will be ignored and ended up every tank with the same health regardless of the type
Each plugin would have to be rewritten to work with each other. Because of several plugins out there modifying the same Tank's health instead of adding to it, Super Tanks will conflict with most, if not all, of them.
--
Get latest L4D/L4D2 gamedata signatures here.
--
PM me if you need help with finding signatures and/or offsets in the following games: L4D1&2/CSGO/TF2/NMRIH/INS/DODS/CSS/HL2DM
King_OXO
Old 01-30-2021 , 16:22   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #307

there is a version that when a tank appears, appears in the chat saying the type of tank?

for example:
[SUPERTANKS] Fire Tank

I really wanted this kind of plugin

Last edited by King_OXO; 01-30-2021 at 16:23.
King_OXO
Old 02-01-2021 , 21:11   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #309

yours works well ,martt, just wanted to know if anyone has this kind of plugin besides you
and your random tank rock plugin, the one I asked for, is it without errors now?

Last edited by King_OXO; 02-01-2021 at 21:13.
Ernecio
Old 02-23-2021 , 23:05   Re: [L4D2] Super Tanks
Reply With Quote #310

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDArt View Post
This version of the plugin works fine but there are two bugs that happens sometimes on my server the tanks after dying disappear and leave a looped sound where it died and when someone gets incapacitated the same sound displays the sound being the tank rock traveling action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diabolik001 View Post
Hi Ernecio, the plugin works great but there is a problem with the tank shield and the tank hunter, the sound of the rock remains when it is launched and does not stop. There was a plugin that solved this function but I can't find it. Would you know how to turn off the sound of the wind when it throws the stone and remains persistent?
Hi, I've also seen this before, with this plugin and other plugins that replace the tank rock, i will quick to fix it