Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)

Post New Thread Reply   

PlasteR
Old 05-21-2013 , 02:34   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3661

@Up
There is no translation .. Delete all and upload again
Old 05-22-2013 , 14:37   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3662

I have set up a dedicated CSS server. Mapvoting and mapcycling is working.

Now I want to run one server from one folder, with multiple links with different maplists.

For instance, if I start shortcut CS, I want only CS maps to appear in mapvotes and randomcycle.
If I start the shortcut Allmaps for Instance, I want all maps to appear in the votes and randomcycle.

Is there a way to accomplish this without changing my config files all the time?

What I ask basically, is when I start the "allmaps" link, I want only to load maps from umc_mapcycle1.txt for instance. When I start the "CS" link, I want umc_mapcycle2.txt to be loaded. Is this possible?

Tried to find the answer in this forum and in google already. What I have tried so far:
-Manually load the mapcycle file by executing the cvars in the console (sm_umc_vc_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle1.txt", sm_umc_endvote_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle2.txt")
-Tried to rename the UMC CFG files and tried to load them manually using sm_execcfg (For instance, umc-votecommand2.cfg)
-Tried to load above mentioned methods using a exec file
-Tried to run above commands from the startup string from my shortcuts
-Tried to put above mentioned commands to exec from different CFG files
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2013 , 16:53   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3663

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjuh View Post
I have set up a dedicated CSS server. Mapvoting and mapcycling is working.

Now I want to run one server from one folder, with multiple links with different maplists.

For instance, if I start shortcut CS, I want only CS maps to appear in mapvotes and randomcycle.
If I start the shortcut Allmaps for Instance, I want all maps to appear in the votes and randomcycle.

Is there a way to accomplish this without changing my config files all the time?

What I ask basically, is when I start the "allmaps" link, I want only to load maps from umc_mapcycle1.txt for instance. When I start the "CS" link, I want umc_mapcycle2.txt to be loaded. Is this possible?

Tried to find the answer in this forum and in google already. What I have tried so far:
-Manually load the mapcycle file by executing the cvars in the console (sm_umc_vc_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle1.txt", sm_umc_endvote_cyclefile "umc_mapcycle2.txt")
-Tried to rename the UMC CFG files and tried to load them manually using sm_execcfg (For instance, umc-votecommand2.cfg)
-Tried to load above mentioned methods using a exec file
-Tried to run above commands from the startup string from my shortcuts
-Tried to put above mentioned commands to exec from different CFG files
I don't think you can do it that way, because you can't set umc cvars (or pass values through from) your OS. What you can do is use batch files in Windows, and Linux has something similar. These are just text files that execute shell commands. So what you can do is create a separate batch file for each case you have, start with the CS maps you mentioned above. If it were Windows, you might have a batch file like this:

Code:
@echo off
copy drive:\path\umc_mapcycle_cs.txt drive:\path\umc_mapcycle.txt
drive:\path\srcds.exe [server startup options ...]
You would name this batch file Server_Startup_CS_Only, and link to that with your CS link you mention above. Of course umc_mapcycle_cs.txt would have all of the maps that go with the CS set, and you would need a separate file for each set (startup link) you want. You can add other copy commands for randomcycle maps, or any other text files you wanted changed per set.

It is possible to put everything in one batch file and have a menu asking you which set you want to run, rather than putting them all in separate batch files.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
antjuh
Old 05-22-2013 , 17:47   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3664

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I don't think you can do it that way, because you can't set umc cvars (or pass values through from) your OS. What you can do is use batch files in Windows, and Linux has something similar. These are just text files that execute shell commands. So what you can do is create a separate batch file for each case you have, start with the CS maps you mentioned above. If it were Windows, you might have a batch file like this:

Code:
@echo off
copy drive:\path\umc_mapcycle_cs.txt drive:\path\umc_mapcycle.txt
drive:\path\srcds.exe [server startup options ...]
You would name this batch file Server_Startup_CS_Only, and link to that with your CS link you mention above. Of course umc_mapcycle_cs.txt would have all of the maps that go with the CS set, and you would need a separate file for each set (startup link) you want. You can add other copy commands for randomcycle maps, or any other text files you wanted changed per set.

It is possible to put everything in one batch file and have a menu asking you which set you want to run, rather than putting them all in separate batch files.
@Bittersweet: Thank you very much for your answer! I totally understand what you are saying and I am familiar with batch files Now I have only one question left, with your method it is only possible to run one server at a time from the same folder, right? (Not that it is a big issue...)
Bittersweet
Veteran Member
Old 05-22-2013 , 18:36   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3665

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjuh View Post
@Bittersweet: Thank you very much for your answer! I totally understand what you are saying and I am familiar with batch files Now I have only one question left, with your method it is only possible to run one server at a time from the same folder, right? (Not that it is a big issue...)
I would say yes, one server, one folder, but there might be a possibility if you forked servers and wanted them to all be the same. I only have one server so I'm not sure how all that works. For example, I read somewhere that you could NOT fork servers with SM...then I read somewhere else you could. I don't know for sure one way or the other. I am pretty sure there isn't a way to pass parameters to SM (or any of it's components) via the OS...not yet at least.

My plugins:
[CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
[CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
antjuh
Old 05-23-2013 , 03:37   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
I would say yes, one server, one folder, but there might be a possibility if you forked servers and wanted them to all be the same. I only have one server so I'm not sure how all that works. For example, I read somewhere that you could NOT fork servers with SM...then I read somewhere else you could. I don't know for sure one way or the other. I am pretty sure there isn't a way to pass parameters to SM (or any of it's components) via the OS...not yet at least.
Okay, many thanks for your help again. I will use one folder for each server I will run at a time.
IcEWoLF
Old 05-23-2013 , 16:05   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3667

Edit: Duh...https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...postcount=3343

@Steel, is this still beta?

Also is there a way for me to change the wait time when changing maps? It appears everything freezes for a while before changing maps.

Last edited by IcEWoLF; 05-23-2013 at 16:28.
Steell
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-24-2013 , 08:11   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3668

Quote:
Originally Posted by moxie2020 View Post
So you need both plugins for this to work?
Correct.
Old 05-24-2013 , 08:13   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3669

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Rofl View Post
Commands in the umc_mapcyle does not work so good for me.

A map "command" does not override a group "command"? Is that right?

I want some maps with automatic respawn, so i put sm_ar_enable 0 in sourcemod.cfg and for some maps in the umc_mapcyle:
"command" "sm_ar_enable 1"
But this does not work for me, its still set to 0.

And in the adminmenu from UMC, the mapnames are sorted by maporder not alphabetical
If both a map command and group command are specified, first the group command will execute, followed by the map command.

I outline .cfg execution order in the documentation for the module: https://code.google.com/p/sourcemod-...uleMapCommands
Old 05-24-2013 , 08:51   Re: [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser 3.4.5 (Updated 10/7/2012)
Reply With Quote #3670

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_myll View Post
@Steell Is there any way to easily fix the broken sounds? Can we expect an update from you?
There is a fix live on the GitHub repository; you can pull the code and build it yourself.

I plan on releasing an update to UMC this weekend.