Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Running Compatibility Version maps on cs go server

Post New Thread Reply   

Cherrypoppins
Old 05-10-2021 , 05:20   Running Compatibility Version maps on cs go server
Reply With Quote #1

Not sure this is the right place to ask - im all new to this server stuff.

Ive set up a cs go server running splewis get5 and pug plugins. I really want to play the old version of cbble on the server - ive subscribed to this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1542127528.

I can change to the map by using the changelevel command - however it still uses the new radar for new cbble which is completely off. If i add the map to either get5 or pug plugin by adding the entire - workshop\1542127528\de_cbble string - Cbble will show up in map vote but it will not launch the workshop version, but instead to new bad version of cbble.

Is there a way around this ? Im guessing its the name causing the issue - also how do i get the old radar to show ?
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-10-2021 , 11:35   Re: Running Compatibility Version maps on cs go server
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherrypoppins View Post
Not sure this is the right place to ask - im all new to this server stuff.

Ive set up a cs go server running splewis get5 and pug plugins. I really want to play the old version of cbble on the server - ive subscribed to this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1542127528.

I can change to the map by using the changelevel command - however it still uses the new radar for new cbble which is completely off. If i add the map to either get5 or pug plugin by adding the entire - workshop\1542127528\de_cbble string - Cbble will show up in map vote but it will not launch the workshop version, but instead to new bad version of cbble.

Is there a way around this ? Im guessing its the name causing the issue - also how do i get the old radar to show ?
My suggestion would be...
  • Check if this workshop map is all right, enter it through the workshop map option and see if everything is right, map, radar and etc.
  • Map and radar all right, your CSGO will have downloaded it in the folder maps/workshop, navigate to it and send the map directly to your server, so you don't need to use the workshop.

NOTE: If the map has the same name as the current version, just rename it to de_cbble_old or any other name you prefer and that's it. Remember to update FastDL so that players can download.
Cherrypoppins
Old 05-10-2021 , 11:58   Re: Running Compatibility Version maps on cs go server
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
My suggestion would be...
  • Check if this workshop map is all right, enter it through the workshop map option and see if everything is right, map, radar and etc.
  • Map and radar all right, your CSGO will have downloaded it in the folder maps/workshop, navigate to it and send the map directly to your server, so you don't need to use the workshop.

NOTE: If the map has the same name as the current version, just rename it to de_cbble_old or any other name you prefer and that's it. Remember to update FastDL so that players can download.
So the map is the official compatibility version - If i run changelevel workshop/1542127528/de_cbble - The map itself is fine - however the radar is still the wrong version for the new official version of cbble. In the maps/workshop folder i only get the de_cbble.bsp and 2 thumpnails - not sure if radar is supposed to be in here ? Other workshop maps only have the .bsp file as well and the radar is working fine there.

If i just try and rename the workshop map and error will occur when i try to load it. If i send it directly i would need to use fastDL right ? This is not setup on the server atm.

Also fastDL requires me to have a webserver no ? which i dont have atm