Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
r4f4w
Old 04-01-2021 , 13:37   It's possible to make a volume and add files to the volume only in the container?
Reply With Quote #1

So, I downloaded csgo files on my Linux server, created a volume to redirect to them (so I don't need to download the game files for every new container), and it's working perfectly.

But, what i want to do is add for example a file in the csgo folder, only in the container, as if I add some plugin, only this the cointainer that I added would be possible to acess it.

Example:
Volume to Container 1 - Source /home/csgo/ - Target ./
then I add
./addons/sourcemod/plugins/retakes.smx

Then if I create Container 2, make the same volume, and go to the same folder, this retakes.smx would not be there.

This way, I can add multiple config files to the same folder and will be no conflict with the others containers.

Is that possible? And if it is, how do I start? Any docs/forums that I would help?

As for now, I create a new csgo folder just to add some plugins (Retakes and Pug for example), but that sucks because I have to download an extra 25GB of game files, and have to update each of them individually.