12% 

Game server provider - reviews

Post New Thread Reply   

Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2011 , 00:55   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larsen View Post
We're on 2003. If we update to 2008 (wipe and install it ourselves) will that technically change the specs and remove our discounts?
Usually, when renting a VPS, you're free to reinstall the OS anytime you want, as long as it won't cost them anything extra (as it would when changing from most Linux distros to Windows). With NFO, the choice of OS doesn't seem to affect the price at all (strange) and they say 'You can also change this later through our control panel', so I guess it won't be a problem. But if you want to be absolutely sure, it's probably best to ask them directly.

Last edited by 8088; 12-02-2011 at 00:57.
Jstn7477
Old 12-02-2011 , 13:31   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #112

Changing the OS does not change the price on NFO. Changing the hardware, however, does.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 02-11-2012 , 05:15   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #113

How about Service Providers for Australia?

Personally, I'd don't mind if company is based in another country, but I would need the server in Australia.

For me, I would like to see
* PayPal support
* Reasonable support
* Automatic Restarting on crashes
* FTP access

Seen some companies I would hook up with, but sadly they don't offer locations in Australia.
ZingyTheDJ
Old 08-14-2012 , 12:14   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #114

I reccommend the provider Multiplay.
Pros:
Nice support team
Easy to use Clanforge server manager
Very cheap price. £4 for 8 slots, 50p for 1 more slot
Cons: Hard to setup
Addons can be buggy
Sourcemod can be glitched

My rating: 9.5/10. Great
44ERCE44
Old 08-24-2012 , 04:37   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #115

Hi,
i recommend www.McProvider.de because this company can provide me in 4 languages and have good prices. I pay for my CS:GO Public Gameserver 1 Euro per Slot and for my CS:GO Clan Gameserver 75 Cent per Slot.

Have a very friendly and good Support and the Server running very clear. Very low pings.

My Rating is: 5 from 5 Stars
Zephyrus
Cool Pig B)
Old 08-24-2012 , 06:19   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #116

nvm

Last edited by Zephyrus; 08-24-2012 at 06:19.
checkster
BANNED
Old 08-24-2012 , 15:38   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #117

Why is this thread not a sticky yet ?
And like I wrote before, nfo ftw, even if I live in Norway, its cheap, and they have at most times great service, I have had to ask for specific persons at times, cause they cant all know all there is, but as long as one stays polite and humble they will do the same. They overcharge for adding addresses to a box, but service install time ect is so damn good, and most of the time they are realy polite and understanding if you hit a snag.
rtk
Old 08-24-2012 , 16:25   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #118

I'll leave my fedback about War-fusion, the GSP I used most of the time since I have servers.
http://www.war-fusion.com/ - They have servers in Portugal and UK

Back in 2009, I bought my first gameserver there, It worked fine, the price was the average, and I don't remember having any issues with support, so at that time i could say it was a average GSP. Since then I had experiences with different servers and GSP's and a few months ago I opened a new gameserver in War-fusion and I have been really disapointed with it because I didn't find the stability it had before.
Now, I'm getting spikes of lag a few times a day, really low FPS and a non-existant support.
They took 2 weeks and several emails to reply a simple issue, 5 days and a few mails to send updated billing details. Also I already sent a few emails about the lag/low FPS problem, the first time like a month ago, and the problem isn't solved, and they don't reply any of the emails regarding any technical issues. Also, they don't have live chat, nor tickets, not a simple client panel.
So yeah, be careful if you ever find yourself about to buy something from this GPS...
SourceMod Donor
Old 08-24-2012 , 23:08   Re: Game server provider - reviews
Reply With Quote #119

I know people have recommended NFOservers in this thread, but just got to give a shout out to them. Being a satisfied customer myself, I guess the least I can do is post about my experience with them. 1st off, NFOservers might be a bit well known and such, but never have I had a support ticket unanswered for over a hour. Their support is the highlight of NFO, they actually try to help their customers and such. 2nd, their servers are pretty well balanced. Though they are a bit... overpriced I should say, it is more bang for the buck. NFO's servers aren't (in my opinion) that good, but not that bad. If they reduced the price a bit more on the VPS's/Dedis, I would have a more pleasurable experience. The specs for the VPS/Dedi for how much they charge is a bit expensive imo, but I guess it cancels out by their superb support. Hope someone gets something from my post here.