12% 

[L4D] Item Buy System

Post New Thread Reply   

(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-27-2009 , 20:58   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skorpion1976 View Post
You need to activate the log files in HLSW. Then you go to the settings menu, "rcon" tab and set the value to 200000. Start the game, give yourself enough points and order a panic event. HLSW logs everything about that so you will see what the director is doing at time of creation of the 2 panic events. BTW the director often behaves very weird... sometimes you get spawned outside of the map, immovable and you have to wait some seconds until the debugger teleports you to another section of the map where you can attack the survivors. witches get spawned in spots where no survivor will ever walk by, especially BEHIND the survivors... very useful. The directory sometimes spawns you AMONGST the survivors so they can shoot you instantly. That shit doesnīt come from any plugin, itīs the game itself.
Yeah, the director is weird. Hopefully they'll fix these issues in Left 4 Dead 2 and maybe port the fixes to Left 4 Dead.
SwitchView
Old 07-28-2009 , 02:35   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #192

I would like to say that you made this plugin wonderfully and Im running it on my server, and mostly everyone that plays on it loves it, but it has some flaws. I could not get the prices to change, no matter what I do, in the config file I can not get them to change. I even had a friend of mine that is a programmer and can read this code, he said we can't change the prices because you have defaults, don't know if that is true. But I gave him the source and he had me change some things so that the prices would change, and even though we went into the source file I could not get them to change, and yes I compliled it, uploaded it and put it on my server. So if there is a way to change the prices, how?
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 07-28-2009 , 03:07   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #193

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchView View Post
I would like to say that you made this plugin wonderfully and Im running it on my server, and mostly everyone that plays on it loves it, but it has some flaws. I could not get the prices to change, no matter what I do, in the config file I can not get them to change. I even had a friend of mine that is a programmer and can read this code, he said we can't change the prices because you have defaults, don't know if that is true. But I gave him the source and he had me change some things so that the prices would change, and even though we went into the source file I could not get them to change, and yes I compliled it, uploaded it and put it on my server. So if there is a way to change the prices, how?

Prices change fine and work for me. Maybe its just your game? Who knows. I've got each Special Infected kill set to 50 points and made the T2 weapons 1000 points and it works fine.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-28-2009 , 14:47   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #194

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwitchView View Post
Strange. Maybe you are setting the wrong convars? Also, your friend must not be the smartest programmer, because the defaults don't do anything. They're just what the program resets the values to whenever it is loaded (which is whenever the server restarts, not when a map is loaded). The config is there to prevent the values from changing.

Here, test this for me. In the cfg/sourcemod/L4DPoints.cfg file, change points_price_pills to 0 (the convar is already in there, don't add your own text. Maybe that's what you're doing wrong?). Does it work?
XBlade_RunnerX
Old 07-28-2009 , 15:43   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #195

Hi, First, AWESOME Plugin...

I was wondering If I change points_reset_round to "1" in my server.cfg
will the l4dPoints.cfg override this if it is set to "0"?

I guess what I want to know is... Can I safely ONLY change my server.cfg's points_reset_round Cvar between Versus and Coop, or do I have to change both cfg files?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-28-2009 , 17:05   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #196

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBlade_RunnerX View Post
Hi, First, AWESOME Plugin...

I was wondering If I change points_reset_round to "1" in my server.cfg
will the l4dPoints.cfg override this if it is set to "0"?

I guess what I want to know is... Can I safely ONLY change my server.cfg's points_reset_round Cvar between Versus and Coop, or do I have to change both cfg files?

Thanks in advance
Just remove it from L4DPoints.cfg. Then you can use it in another config file.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-28-2009 , 18:13   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #197

Alright, I am uploading an update right now. It has a "super" incendiary ammo that can also ignite special infected, but is more expensive. Hope you enjoy it.
(-DR-)GrammerNatzi
Old 07-28-2009 , 23:27   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #198

Sorry for the delay. I had to go somewhere for a while. The new version is up. I also added some minor things to it, too.
XBlade_RunnerX
Old 07-30-2009 , 00:58   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #199

Quote:
Originally Posted by (-DR-)GrammerNatzi View Post
Just remove it from L4DPoints.cfg. Then you can use it in another config file.
Thanks for the quick reply

1 more question:

Is it possible to remove the newly added "Are you Sure?" option when buying items from the menu? Just for less key pressing... I liked it better before when it just bought the item without asking you for confirmation. Thanks again in advance. Awesome Plugin, all my players love it :-)
Old 07-30-2009 , 08:25   Re: [L4D] Item Buy and Admin Gifting System
Reply With Quote #200

You should make it so when somebody spawns an item or infected, it's announced to the team. So people don't have to say I bought this, I spawned that, etc. Doesn't seem like it would be too hard to code that in either.

Also, being able to buy a boomer raincoat for 10-15 points or so would be nice too, and a knife for around the same cost. I run this plugin along with Survivor Upgrades which gives those automatically, but being able to buy them would be nice too.

Last edited by spiderlemur; 07-30-2009 at 08:28.
Send a message via AIM to spiderlemur