Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (4.0.8)

Post New Thread Reply   

AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2009 , 04:46   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #281

L4D events, please? Or where can i find a list and do it myself
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 06-29-2009 , 08:03   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #282

L4D doesn't support downloads (other than full vpk sets) so you would be limited to sounds built into the game or downloaded by each player manually before joining the server.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 06-29-2009 , 12:04   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #283

Actually, you can play any sound you want using a modified MOTD. Rick Rolling people is ever so much fun.
XBlade_RunnerX
Old 07-01-2009 , 02:14   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #284

Someone Please Help... I have searched this thread completely... I am getting the file is not in the repository error... My directory structure is: c:\srcds\l4d-public\l4d\left4dead\sound\misc\whateversound .wav
Is this the correct location for my sounds?? Plugin seems to work great.. Menu pops up with my sound... I click it.... Nothing happens... I check the console... File is probaly missing or not in repository blah blah... I don't even know where the repositroy is.. I Suspect that I have just put the sound folder in the wrong spot, but I have no idea where it goes... There was NO sound folder to begin with anywhere... Please help me as I really wanna use this mod... Also, I have already tried setting sv_pure to "0" Thanks in advance :-)
XBlade_RunnerX
Old 07-01-2009 , 03:31   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychonic View Post
L4D doesn't support downloads (other than full vpk sets) so you would be limited to sounds built into the game or downloaded by each player manually before joining the server.
Can't you create a VPK with all the sounds in it?? Or somehow make a VPK for this mod for users who wish to use it with l4d? I am quite new to this, but would really REALLY really like to use this mod on my l4d server.
Any advice is very appreciated
AllMassive
Old 07-06-2009 , 18:00   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #286

Hi - just discovered your Plugin and it works nice so far.
It would be *very* nice to be able to only allow dead ppl to play sounds for the other dead players
Pacmaney
Old 07-07-2009 , 18:24   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #287

Getting some errors, not fatal but still they are filling my logs.
Old 07-10-2009 , 21:27   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #288

Is there a command that I can use to play the sounds that will also enforce the duration rule?

The way it is now, if I am in hlsw using the console or if I am writing my plugin triggers or commands, the only way to play a sound that is in the list of sounds is to use sm_play @all [filename]. while this does work, other sounds can also overlap this sound, which isnt that annoying... but other SONGS can also overlap this sound.

What I'm suggesting is a command, lets say, sm_playsound, this command would use the triggers inside saysound. For instance, sm_playsound Joinsound would play the joinsound just as if someone had just typed it in the chatbox ingame, but it obeys the duration rule so no other sounds can overlap its duration.

I'm asking this because I use this plugin to play songs. I use the prefix !pa Songname (To be clearer, !pa Songname is what an admin would type in, in order to play a song), and only the admins are able to trigger these. If there was a command similar to what I mentioned earlier, then I could play songs whenever I load new .cfgs whenever I am changing modes of play. (like if I had a .cfg for meleemode, and it loaded, it would play 'You're the best around' from karate kid, and I wouldnt have to worry about other songs overlapping it if an admin or player tries to play one while its running)

I'm also asking for something like this because there is a new "credits and awards" plugin coming out. I want to use it with this plugin to make it so that, if a normal player wants to play a song that is normally accessable only in the !admin_sounds menu, he can if he has enough credits, and pays for it using his credits.

Last edited by MrSaturn; 07-10-2009 at 21:32.
[SBP]AlphaGamma
Old 07-14-2009 , 15:04   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #289

Okay... I have the plugin up running on my clan's TF2 server, but I am trying to figure out how to optimize it to fit the server's needs.

Specifically, how does the plugin determine admin? Does it use one of the admin flags found in admin_levels.cfg? Either way, I would love to configure it so that it could use one of the custom admin levels to set up a system in which certain people could have a much higher sound limit without being a true admin.

Essentially, I would like to create a system so that if a player has a certain admin tag (one of the custom ones) associated with him/her, then they get the "sm_saysoundhe_sound_admin_limit" instead of the default "sm_saysoundhe_sound_limit".

So my question is, how does this plugin determine "admin"? I've looked through the source and the CFG files and I just can't figure it out.

Any help is appreciated.
Diablo1123
Old 07-17-2009 , 21:00   Re: Say Sounds (including Hybrid Edition) (3.1.9)
Reply With Quote #290

I'm trying to set up the karaoke working on my listen server, and I have a problem that someone else described. The sound only plays from one spot on the map, and it seems to be at the origin. For example, on ctf_2fort its in the middle of the bridge. edit: kk apapernlty in listens servers sound will play in middle

Last edited by Diablo1123; 07-17-2009 at 21:43.