12% 

Confirmation of AMX 1.9

Post New Thread Reply   

IC3k1ng
Old 03-22-2023 , 09:23   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
The point is the number of things that people post on the issues section of the repository on Github doesn't indicate how well the actual code is running. It solely depends on the specific bug and how consequential it is. "Issues" on Github is also used for feature requests.
Oh, thanks for your info. Now i understand.

Fiercetree
Old 12-01-2023 , 15:45   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #12

Hate to necro an old thread. But I am having issues with installing AMX 1.9 locally on my computer.

After downloading the Windows version the amxmodx file from here (https://amxmodx.org/downloads-new.php) it does not contain an amxmodx_mm.dll file to insert the plugin line in the metamod plugin folder, nor does the amxmodx file contain a dll folder. Am I missing something?
The only dll files I see are in the modules folder, cstrike_amxx.dll and csx_amxx.dll but I don't think those are the right files.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-01-2023 , 23:46   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #13

That is because you only downloaded the Counter-Strike 1.6 mod for AMX Mod X. You need to download the "base package" which will contain all the core AMX Mod X files (the ones you're looking for). It's the link right above "Counter-Strike" in the drop down menu.

Last edited by fysiks; 12-01-2023 at 23:46.
Fiercetree
Old 12-02-2023 , 10:31   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
That is because you only downloaded the Counter-Strike 1.6 mod for AMX Mod X. You need to download the "base package" which will contain all the core AMX Mod X files (the ones you're looking for). It's the link right above "Counter-Strike" in the drop down menu.
I'm sorry. I tried following your directions but I don't see anything that says Counter Strike from the link I shared. There is a downloads tab on the side but this leads to 1.8.2 files. The only 1.9 download link is within the dev builds tab.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2023 , 17:13   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #15

I'm not sure how you downloaded the files that you did download then. Simply click on the operating system that you have and it has a drop down menu that allows you to download the different sets of files.
Old 12-02-2023 , 17:25   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I'm not sure how you downloaded the files that you did download then. Simply click on the operating system that you have and it has a drop down menu that allows you to download the different sets of files.
Thank you! I see what I did wrong. I clicked on the big os icon for my os above the table of various builds. I didn't know the os icons were clickable in the table.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2023 , 17:38   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #17

I was talking about the big icon, I hadn't even looked at the ones on each table row. The big icons should have the latest versions whereas the icons in the table will give you the files corresponding to that particular build (generally, you should grab the latest available).

Last edited by fysiks; 12-02-2023 at 17:38.
Fiercetree
Old 12-02-2023 , 17:56   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
I was talking about the big icon, I hadn't even looked at the ones on each table row. The big icons should have the latest versions whereas the icons in the table will give you the files corresponding to that particular build (generally, you should grab the latest available).
Yea, the big os icon was what I downloaded which was missing the dll folder. I chose the base package from the os icon of the top entry in the table. Looks like it's all there.
fysiks
Veteran Member
Old 12-02-2023 , 23:18   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercetree View Post
Yea, the big os icon was what I downloaded which was missing the dll folder. I chose the base package from the os icon of the top entry in the table. Looks like it's all there.
The big icons doesn't have one thing to download, it has all 7 options (including the base and one for each of the mods). It is exactly the same list as you see when you click on the itcons in the table below. I'm not sure what you're seeing but maybe you need to update your browser?
Old 12-03-2023 , 00:07   Re: Confirmation of AMX 1.9
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
The big icons doesn't have one thing to download, it has all 7 options (including the base and one for each of the mods). It is exactly the same list as you see when you click on the itcons in the table below. I'm not sure what you're seeing but maybe you need to update your browser?
I do see what you see. I see what happened now. I must've initially chose the Counter Strike file and not the Base package. I recalled that it immediately downloaded and didn't give me the dropdown but I was mistaken. When you mentioned to look for Counter Strike in your directions, I was looking for it listed on the webpage itself. Totally my error. Thanks for your help fysiks!