update
  • add admin cvar sm_portals_admin
  • delete force function not work correctly

download on first post
delirium_trigger
SourceMod Donor
Old 06-05-2010 , 21:04   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #12

My best guess is that its possible that your plugin conflicts with Fun Commands X plugin. The only reason why I believe this is because it also has a Teleport feature (Teleport any player to pointing direction).

It could be maybe that both plugins use the same variables / coding to teleport, thus creating the problem?
Ulrich
Old 06-05-2010 , 21:31   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by delirium_trigger View Post
My best guess is that its possible that your plugin conflicts with Fun Commands X plugin. The only reason why I believe this is because it also has a Teleport feature (Teleport any player to pointing direction).

It could be maybe that both plugins use the same variables / coding to teleport, thus creating the problem?
Since I'm posting something else, anyway, I'll just say that Fun Commands X does not conflict with this pludin, as I run both perfectly find on my server.

Moving on, could you add a seperate command that removes all portals, such as sm_portal_remove ? I would like to create an admin menu for me to use with this, and since creating and deleting them both use the same command, it doesn't work too well.
birno
Old 06-06-2010 , 03:07   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #14

Perhaps no jump problem, but the plugin randomly freezes my server and there some error in the log file.
Code:
L 06/06/2010 - 08:51:48: [SM] Native "StartMessage" reported: Client index 134 is invalid
L 06/06/2010 - 08:51:48: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "[L4D2]Portals.smx":
L 06/06/2010 - 08:51:48: [SM]   [0]  Line 201, F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\usermessages.inc::StartMessageOne()
L 06/06/2010 - 08:51:48: [SM]   [1]  Line 428, F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\[L4D2]Portals.sp::ScreenFade()
L 06/06/2010 - 08:51:48: [SM]   [2]  Line 336, F:\Steam\SteamApps\common\left 4 dead 2\left4dead2\addons\sourcemod\scripting\[L4D2]Portals.sp::TouchRed()
And it would be nice if you add a changelog to the first post, easier to follow the changes.

Last edited by birno; 06-06-2010 at 03:11.
Searcher64
Old 06-06-2010 , 09:22   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #15

There's also a bug when zombies enter portal, the effects and sound happens but they don't teleport, same thing for props (for example, jimmy gibb's junior's stock car)
flud
Old 06-06-2010 , 20:53   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher64 View Post
There's also a bug when zombies enter portal, the effects and sound happens but they don't teleport, same thing for props (for example, jimmy gibb's junior's stock car)
don't know why but maybe something with sdkhooks
update little info on first post

p.s
If someone like that idea and can make it better do it
don't need any credits or anything

Last edited by flud; 06-06-2010 at 21:15.
Send a message via Skype™ to flud
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-08-2010 , 00:29   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #17

The new version isn't working..
sm_p red/blue don't spawn portals, and they seem to print out some debug info to the chat.

Jumping also makes you fly all over the place.

Did you accidentally upload a development version instead of a release one?
flud
Old 06-08-2010 , 11:54   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #18

sm_p red not spawn red portal, use this for teleport red portal to your position
update little, props still buggy, but at least sometime it teleport
about jump i don't know how to fix, i think it happen when SDKHook_Touch hook entity id 0 it's valid entity and it's world that why you all jump

Last edited by flud; 06-08-2010 at 12:16.
crazydog
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-08-2010 , 19:31   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #19

What's the difference between spawning a portal and moving a portal? In my mind there isn't any, except that 'spawning' means it didn't already exist. sm_p red, to me at least, means it will respawn the portal at my cursor.

Anyway, it didn't work, and like I said a bunch of debug info was being printed to the chat, and jumping became very screwed up.

I'll try the new version later tonight...

New version does the same things. sm_p red/blue don't work, and jumping still makes you fly randomly around the map.

You *might* have not uploaded the compiled version. I'm gonna get sdkhooks and compile it locally, see if it makes any difference.

Nope. Same issues when I locally compile

Last edited by crazydog; 06-08-2010 at 23:31.
flud
Old 06-08-2010 , 23:34   Re: [L4D2]Portals
Reply With Quote #20

update in first post

so what about sm_p red i think you just don't understand how to use it. Try explain difference, on start you spawn blue portal in save room go to map and spawn some where else red portal if you try spawn again you lose blue portal and sometime you can get back to save room instead of spawn you just type in chat !p red and now you have portal to save room.

Last edited by flud; 06-09-2010 at 01:06.