Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[TF2]RMF Ability Pack

Post New Thread Reply   

woof
Old 08-10-2009 , 13:24   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #11

cool, nice idea and good work, but no. i will instantly leave any server with this.
h00x
Old 08-10-2009 , 14:28   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #12

Bump, Really nice work on this plugin.
EmilioX
Old 08-10-2009 , 15:42   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #13

so i placed the folder in my tf folder but when i write rmf_menu it doesnt appear and i have sourcemod installed...help is appreciated
freakypsi
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:05   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #14

hi,

i just installed all files on my gameserver with sourcemod but it seems i just get the texts messages and stuff... everthing works menu etc. but maybe i just dont get it how to use the abilities ?!

thanks in advance for any help
freakypsi
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:10   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #15

lol the only thing that i am able to use is the flying thing for the pyro.

if anybody want to try this on a european server hit me up on

78.143.58.156:28010

Last edited by freakypsi; 08-10-2009 at 16:54.
h00x
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:17   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #16

I've tested it and all of them work, you just have to follow the instructions after you select and enable the options. They are not hard to figure out.
h00x
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:20   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilioX View Post
so i placed the folder in my tf folder but when i write rmf_menu it doesnt appear and i have sourcemod installed...help is appreciated
You have to restart your server so that the smx files load. Or load each one with "sm plugins load plugin.smx" I would just restart since there are more than a few smx files that way all of them are loaded on restart.
xouk
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:34   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #18

BEST PLUGIN EVER I SEEEEEEEE
freakypsi
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:53   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #19

yeah everthing works fine... oh just those instructions disappear to quickly...
AlphaWeapon
Old 08-10-2009 , 16:59   Re: [TF2]RMF Ability Pack
Reply With Quote #20

So, this is what I gathered from playing 1 hour and a half in a 32 players server.

Scout's spike shoes are useless. It's nearly impossible to jump on someone's head. It should at least be an instakill, seen the difficulty of the operation.
Heavy's gravity increasing shouldn't require crouching, but should work just when revving up.
I didn't try Delicious sandvich , but if it requires a kgb kill then it's useless.
Demoman's flash sticky, seemed useless, takes too long to taunt so I didn't try it since they kept killing me.
Drunk bomb takes too much to load, and when you're drunk it's nearly impossible controlling it. The effect should be softened. Also half the time I tried, it didn't fucking work.
Pyro's afterburner is OK.
Firework is useless, should ignite players at least.
Sniper's curving arrow, I can't see a use for it. Same for the beacon thingy, except for marking spies maybe.
Engineer's metal hopper is useless. That's it. Power switch needs to increase the health regen, and a smaller notice instead of the abnormous comic balloon that can be noticed from the other end of the maps, since this could be used to silently upgrade a sentry without being noticed and activating it when it's lvl3.
Sapper throwing is... ok, I think. But maybe it shouldn't have time limit(or at least a long one, like a 1 minute/30 seconds time limit) but instead its own health meter(much like the original sapper) and can be destroyed by anyone. To compensate to fragility increase sapper's working range.
Uber transplant, I didn't try it but it's a nice idea. Doping injection is ok, with the syringe gun disabled it's really balanced. Styptyc is ok. Same for supercharge, since it disables your weapons.

I'd just love one thing. Instead of taunting to activate effects, just bind a command to a button. Like, press F, receive kamikaze demoman.

I'd like to see this implemented officially(selecting the ability in the equip menu? Holy shit yes), maybe with more abilities and hopefully after fixing the issues addressed above.
It encourages the development of your own playstyles(especially with the medic) and looks more like a further development of TF2's gameplay, rather than just a plugin.
I would really like to email Valve asking their opinion on this.
Just... good job.