Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

Hfuhruhurr
Old 03-15-2009 , 16:38   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #81

Durzel makes sense. It is one persons crusade against something he personally dislikes but does not reflect the communities stance. I wonder if he was abused by achievement farmers as a child to have such a vindictive attitude toward them.
recon0
Veteran Member
Old 03-15-2009 , 17:25   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzel View Post
It's not spiteful?

Frankly I think this plugin & the authors motives is the very definition of spiteful/malicious behaviour.

Also, you haven't refuted what I've said. Just because something works by design doesn't mean it should be condoned. As said just because it's possible for an admin to do things to users with SM, ban them for any reason he/she sees fit, doesn't mean that we - as a community - should condone malicious intent wrought through plugins.
If you consider achievement farming cheating, then it's no different than VAC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hfuhruhurr View Post
Durzel makes sense. It is one persons crusade against something he personally dislikes but does not reflect the communities stance. I wonder if he was abused by achievement farmers as a child to have such a vindictive attitude toward them.
I disagree. He has a problem with something, so he's created a solution to the problem. He chose to post it here.
Old 03-16-2009 , 18:31   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #83

Quote:
Durzel makes sense. It is one persons crusade against something he personally dislikes but does not reflect the communities stance.
Your post was almost worth reading until ...

Quote:
I wonder if he was abused by achievement farmers as a child to have such a vindictive attitude toward them.
seriously dude?
Send a message via AIM to mauirixxx Send a message via MSN to mauirixxx Send a message via Yahoo to mauirixxx
msleeper
Veteran Member
Old 05-19-2009 , 03:22   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #84

Bump for immediate release of the Spy/Sniper update. I am 99% sure that Valve is changing the way that they do unlockables to no longer be dependent on grinding Achievements, but just in case I'll be monitoring this thread for any problems or requests.

If you have any requests for changes to the plugin before the update comes, let me know now. Thanks.

EDIT
Yeah as expected, the "earn achievements, get weapons" system is no-more, so this plugin is no longer needed. Thank you to everyone who supported, and to everyone who hated.

EDIT EDIT
Okay so Valve added the Milestones in again, so ignore the previous post. This plugin should provide proper results, though you will probably have far less opportunity since most people are playing Idle Fortress 2 to get their stuff. It's up to you if you want to run this, farming is probably faster and more effective.

Last edited by msleeper; 05-31-2009 at 04:07.
Citrixlemon
Old 05-29-2009 , 19:24   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #85

I suppose this plugin is still applicable to the previous updates where milestones can still be used. However I'm a little curious as to why one would want to use this plugin. Why is there a difference between achivement farmers and non-achivement farmers when playing in normal servers? Why should they get sourcebanned?
pheadxdll
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-29-2009 , 23:43   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrixlemon View Post
I suppose this plugin is still applicable to the previous updates where milestones can still be used. However I'm a little curious as to why one would want to use this plugin. Why is there a difference between achivement farmers and non-achivement farmers when playing in normal servers? Why should they get sourcebanned?
Please don't start this again.
Old 05-31-2009 , 04:02   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citrixlemon View Post
Why is there a difference between achivement farmers and non-achivement farmers when playing in normal servers? Why should they get sourcebanned?
As a server admin it is your perogative to decide if there is a difference. There's nothing stopping you from running this on a server running normal maps, but that is not a specific condition that I have tested the plugin in and I can't verify that it would provide proper results.

I personally think there is a difference. Your answer may be different.
Old 06-09-2009 , 04:36   Re: TF2 Achievement Honeypot Plugin
Reply With Quote #88

I honestly do not see why so many users make such a fuss about people farming achievements for their weapons, apart of myself applauds them for wasting their own free time to get the achievements in an achievement only server to get new weapons, Imho should have bin unlock able by level or some other common sort of unlock method already implemented in already existing pc games, people know and play today. That way there would be no whine of achievement farmers, or idlers, or 3rd party idlers.

As I read in one of the older posts, Achievement unlocks should remain /w console games only. I agree with that post. They aren't much use in PC games other then a easy way to get unlock ables.
Send a message via Yahoo to OohItzMario