Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

[TF2] Dodgeball Redux - Updated: bugfixes and QoL changes (v0.3.2, 2020-11-23)

Post New Thread Reply   

yellowblood
Old 03-18-2015 , 16:12   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #111

You're awesome and the 1on1 mode sounds cool, waiting for the next version

Oh and I agree about the music, let the server owners decide.

Last edited by yellowblood; 03-18-2015 at 16:13.
Kinoshi
Old 03-18-2015 , 16:23   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #112

Where's the Update?
Sorry, I can't find it...
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-18-2015 , 16:50   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinoshi View Post
Where's the Update?
Sorry, I can't find it...
Go back one page:

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...16#post2273216
Old 03-19-2015 , 12:31   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #114

When you'll do the personal record ? :'(
xXDeathreusXx
Veteran Member
Old 03-19-2015 , 12:54   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGuzzi View Post
[PHP]
Also, there is one last big thing that I'll add before adding it to the OP: a 1v1 mode.

It's almost done, I just have to fix a couple of bugs, but basically when there are only one player on each team, every rocket gets destroyed, and a song start playing, 10 seconds pass and the first rocket is shot, every player now has 3 lives and he can receive 2 rocket hits before being vulnerable again. Also if you are on your last hear a bepbep sound will be played to the player haha (like in zelda games). I'm no't sure if I should add music on my release, it's better to let the servers owner add songs by themselves. Here is a pic of the mode. It's really fun to play it haha.
Very interesting indeed, but make it toggleable, some server's might not wanna have a battle to the death that takes quite some time

I'm a smartass by nature, get used to it
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2015 , 21:04   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - BIG update (multiples rockets/classes) on last post!
Reply With Quote #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXDeathreusXx View Post
Very interesting indeed, but make it toggleable, some server's might not wanna have a battle to the death that takes quite some time
Of course it will be toggleable, don't worry, You can make this plugin work exactly like the original one, or the YADP by editing the configs without any problem.

Also: New version released as the new stable version!
I dropped support for the original single-rocket plugin.

For those who were already using the newest version, this are the new stuff:
*Fixed rockets not being critical.
*Fixed some annotations-related bugs.
*Fixed some errors related to invalid entities.
*Now the plugin support more maps like tfdb_reduction_a6 that had a different name for the spawners.
*Added 1v1 mode: Screen
The 1v1 mode has one song and "last heart" beep effect from the default tf2 files. You can add a zelda-like sound and songs at your will, the plugin will precache and add to the download table the files. This is the config part for the 1v1 mode:
PHP Code:
    //This is a mode on dodgeball that will activate when there are only one person left on each team.
    //When this mode starts, a music will be played.
    //Finally, each player will have a set amount of lives, and it will lose one everytime a rocket hits him. 
    //The lives will be shown as an annotation over the player's head, and in the hud. A beep sound will play to the player on his last live.

"1v1mode"

{

//Enables the 1v1 mode

"Allow1v1"    "1"

//Lives configuration

"Lives"

{

//Amount of lives that each player gets

"Lives"    "3"

//This sounds will be played to a player with just one life left.

"BeepSound"    "buttons/blip1.wav"

//The beep sound will be played this often

"BeepDelay"    "1.5"

}

//This music will start when the mode starts, keep in mind that every rocket will be deleted and the rocket will go out in 10 seconds after this.
        //So it's a good idea to use a song with a nice/epic part on 0:10

"Music"

{

"1"    "ui/gamestartup1.mp3"

//"2"    ""

}
    } 
The new version is in the OP, every feedback is welcomed

Last edited by ClassicGuzzi; 03-20-2015 at 21:12.
Arky
Old 03-21-2015 , 15:54   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #117

Awesome changes, really liked the new bounce effect and the 1vs1 mode!

Thanks for the update!

Last edited by Arky; 03-21-2015 at 16:26.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-21-2015 , 18:49   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arky View Post
Awesome changes, really liked the new bounce effect and the 1vs1 mode!

Thanks for the update!
What happened with you hud problem with one rocket? to be honest I tested the multirocket mode so much that I didn't tested 1 rocket's hud after I tried once.
Old 03-26-2015 , 17:18   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #119

Thank you for making this. The "Yet another dodge ball plugin" we were using on our server was good, but lacked some features.

I was wondering if you could also make a redux off atomicpengiun's plugin "The Hidden" because he abandon that one and it is buggy just like you did with this and Deathrun.
ClassicGuzzi
Veteran Member
Old 03-26-2015 , 17:44   Re: [TF2] Dodgeball Redux - New version Released! (with 1v1 Mode)
Reply With Quote #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKNROLLKID View Post
Thank you for making this. The "Yet another dodge ball plugin" we were using on our server was good, but lacked some features.

I was wondering if you could also make a redux off atomicpengiun's plugin "The Hidden" because he abandon that one and it is buggy just like you did with this and Deathrun.
I'll look into it, I was planing to do it once, but then I though that it could be a nice "boss" for ff2/ vsh advance or something and I never got into it. I'll look at it if I have some time ^-^