Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage

Post New Thread Reply   

Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2016 , 16:32   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #11

Why not just use the convars
Old 07-09-2016 , 01:56   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #12

Guys, if anyone knows how to make a timer (not map related one), i would need help in this thread: https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=284951.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 01:59   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
Why not just use the convars
i'm not good at coding, therefore i don't even understand how convars could help me. If i remember correctly they are just commands that do something you make them do.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 02:08   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by You9 View Post
Should be "victim"?
The plugin compiled however it does nothing, i probably need to set attacker and victim right. I don't know how.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 02:17   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #15

Found out i could use conditions instead of active weapon, i'll test it now.
Code:
	if (GetEntProp(victim, Prop_Send, "m_bFeignDeathReady") && !TF2_IsPlayerInCondition(victim, TFCond_Cloaked))
	{
		damage *= 0.10;
		return Plugin_Changed;
	}
	return Plugin_Continue;

Last edited by Nursik; 07-09-2016 at 02:50.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 02:50   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #16

Yay, it works. Thanks to everyone who helped.

Last edited by Nursik; 07-09-2016 at 02:51.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 04:04   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #17

Please do not post multiple posts in a row; you have the ability to edit your posts for a reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nursik View Post
i'm not good at coding, therefore i don't even understand how convars could help me. If i remember correctly they are just commands that do something you make them do.
Convars are not commands. Convars are settings, and you don't need any coding knowledge to use them. TF2 comes with hundreds of convars, even if you don't have Sourcemod installed. One of these settings may adjust exactly what you're looking to adjust.

For example, sv_gravity is a convar. It sets the intensity of the gravity in the game, and the default value is 800.

mp_respawnwavetime is a convar, and it controls respawn time.

tf_feign_death_damage_scale is a convar, and it controls the spy's damage reduction (or increase) while the Dead Ringer's cloak is triggered.

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-09-2016 at 04:10.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 04:44   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddhoward View Post
Please do not post multiple posts in a row; you have the ability to edit your posts for a reason.Convars are not commands. Convars are settings, and you don't need any coding knowledge to use them. TF2 comes with hundreds of convars, even if you don't have Sourcemod installed. One of these settings may adjust exactly what you're looking to adjust.

For example, sv_gravity is a convar. It sets the intensity of the gravity in the game, and the default value is 800.

mp_respawnwavetime is a convar, and it controls respawn time.

tf_feign_death_damage_scale is a convar, and it controls the spy's damage reduction (or increase) while the Dead Ringer's cloak is triggered.
oh thanks, i couldn't find that in convars.inc.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 07-09-2016 , 04:45   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #19

It would not be in convars.inc, as convars.inc is just a list of Sourcemod functions that you can use when interacting with convars...

It is possible to run, maintain, and configure a server without knowing how to create Sourcemod plugins, or even having Sourcemod installed on your server.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/TF2_cvarlist

Last edited by ddhoward; 07-09-2016 at 04:46.
Nursik
Old 07-09-2016 , 05:38   Re: [TF2] If i'm using a watch (i.e dead ringer) i take more damage
Reply With Quote #20

Thanks for helping, ddhoward. How can i detect movement with a plugin, though? The convars don't work for me for some reason, i mean they pretend to change, then they don't actually change anything.

Last edited by Nursik; 07-10-2016 at 06:41.